Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

It's funny these weather predictions the papers make - the Daily Express is one I notice often has "arctic winter" forecasts at this time of year, splashed right across the front page - I guess, on the basis that if they do it every year, they'll get lucky occasionally I guess it works!! Can't help but wonder if it's something to print on a slow news day though? :anxious::wink:

I have had a fraught morning. Got back from Tesco and left back kitchen door open and went out to dustbin which is out frontdoor and door shut behind me. No key no phone and OH at work.

OPtions

1 walk a mile to get key from OH and leave back door open

2 try and scale garden fence.

I climbed on next doors dustbin and peered over their garage roof and bottled it way too high. :anxious: I then walked round to the small road behind ours and the house opposite and found our cat sitting on a raised bed in someones garden which backed onto my neighbours (I am her keyholder) managed to climb over not very elegantly and landed in her very long grass. Made my way to the wall which has a low bit between us which i have climbed before. There were loads of brambles and tons of spiders. At this point I was starting to freak out in case there were any false widow ones which the Daily mail keeps harping on about which bite and you can die :shock: .

Anyway the fence is about 5ft 8 and I managed to get a foothold and dont ask me how but pull myself up (not easy as have bad back) I hauled myself over and landed on my feet in the soil in our garden. My glasses were tucked in my bra for safekeeping :lol: - I was scratched and grubby and close to tears when OH came in - he was gob smacked I managed to get over as I am renowned for being accident prone. Today I have amazed my self. Two cups of tea later I feel I little less fraught. Oh and no visit from police to arrest me :lol:

:shock:

Its amazing what we can do when we have to! Well done on channelling your inner mountaineer! Did the cat help at all? :lol: I'd get your OH to spoil you a bit for the rest of today and maybe find a safe place to hide a 2nd key; I have to say its my worst nightmare, getting locked out.

Poor you - but well done on getting over the fence! I'm paranoid about this happening, I have got keys with several friends but they're all at least a mile away, and you can guarantee if it ever happens I'll be in my PJs and slippers. I always put the snib on the lock (is that what everyone else calls it?) when going out to the bin. I have got a key safe which I haven't got round to fitting yet, but I'm going to tuck it in a corner out of sight, then I won't have to worry so much.

Well done Ali :clap:

I have a key safe indoors, different sort from what you're describing I think, it is full of my keys an those for several houses in my street.

I have a neighbour who has a spare key, and also a set secreted in the garden for emergencies. *touches wood* the only time I have been locked out is about 18 years ago when I was very pregnant with Rosie and the ex locked me out and disappeared :evil: I was in PJs and socks.... it was January. Luckily I had gone out to the car, so got in that and drove off to find him; I think it would be fair to say that that didn't help with our divorce

Very sad this weekend. The young lad James Murphy who drowned in NZ and who has been in the newspapers this weekend was from our community and went to the same school as my boys. I knew his brother who is working hard to get into Paralympics. They are a lovely family. Went to church everyone shocked. My son

called and sounded very upset - his devil may care attitude to life has been shaken. They played footie together. You can't wrap them in cotton wool. This lad wasn't being careless he was in the wrong place and weather conditions changed.

Can't imagine what the family are feeling. Cherish your kids. Good job we don't know what's round the corner. RIP.

They also had a chap from" Singing for the brain" in for a sing song. He gets them raising arms when theres a song which begins with a B - they were a raucous lot I can tell you and missing words out deliberately. He was brillaint with them. I wondered what we would be singing when we are old(er) - Mamma Mia, Queen etc. It was fun esp when asked to take a coffee to the lady with grey hair - I said " er they all have grey hair" :lol: "can you be more specific"

New sofa arriving between 7am and 9am yawn

One cat put in garage as hes likely to get in their lorry and end up god knows where :lol: he spent the night in our car the other night and I only noticed him by chance as we were going out!!

Moved all the junk out of hall

YS given breakfast in bed as hes likely to come down in just underpants or in the buff and hes complaining about breakfast choices - this aint the Premier Inn. :shock:

Just had a call to say they are nearly here. eek