Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Had a pretty rubbish couple of weeks; a close friend's husband died very suddenly. He was only a couple of years older than me.

Then a good friend's lurcher was killed when we were out walking.... she ran off on a hunt, and ran straight out in front of a car half a mile away. She died instantly, doing what she loved. We buried her the next day. We're devastated.

Hope all goes well AG.

Sorry to hear your sad new DM

My DS is due home from St Andrews at 11 pm today, really looking forward to seeing him, last saw him on 10th September :D. He was moaning about packing and the 9 hour journey home, I said to him that the bonus was he gets to see me at the end of it, he said he was looking forward to seeing our cats Scamp and Ziggy more. :roll:

Sorry to hear your news Clare.

Breast cancer nurse thinks the "lump " is a rib and said it happens with skinny women :? I have never been called skinny so roared with laughter. Had mamogram and for scan in Jan.

Chickencam - boys know how to make their mums feel special - I feel your pain. Cat gets a cuddle before me. :notalk:

Sorry to hear it Clare.

Someone was flying our Goshawk around campus last week, he must have caught sight of a bird, flew into a window full speed and died instantly. He was in peak fitness just a freak accident so everyones a bit shook up :(

We've popped him in the freezer and would like to get him taxidermied at some point, its just expensive.

Hope DS arrived home safely. I'm looking forward to seeing Gary the cat, its weird not having him around in my room at Uni... I've bought him a Santa Suit which I'm sure he'll love :lol:

As some of you know, I have been a Special Constable for the past 2 and a half years (also a Special Sergeant for the past 8 months or so). But on the 14th of December I handed in my resignation and now I am no longer a police officer.

Why? Because I have offered an amazing job which starts on 4th of January, but it means I can no longer be a special constable. As for what this job is, I'll tell you on my first day....

I either saw somebody drive off from flytipping today, or he was driving off having inspected the fly tipped stuff - probably the latter as he went to the tip straight after and inspected the 'for sale' stuff there. Bit disconcerting though as I was on my way to the tip and therefore followed him all the way, which might have looked a bit odd to him - I was on the receiving end of a very hard stare when we arrived.

On a nicer note, next door rescued a cockeral from freezing to death about 2 months ago. He is a beautiful OEG. Today he turned up in our garden as OH as he was sawing up wood. He was so nosy, hopping about under the saw. For his own safety I decided to help him go home. I walked up the garden, followed by the happy chappy, I climbed over our dividing fence, he flew over, then he followed me down the garden to rejoin his ladies!

Yesterday, I was planning to drive up to Derby. Was running a bit low on fuel so, I drove to a nearby petrol station and filled up with unleaded petrol. Started the car, moved about 5 meters down the forecourt then broke down. Tried starting the engine again, to no avail. A few friendly people had to push my car into a nearby bay. Called my dad (he is a mechanic) who said he would come and have a look. He arrived, looked at the car, and said it was fuel contamination, even though I had triple checked that I had filled up with petrol and not diesel. Had to call recovery to get the car towed to my dad's garage. Recovery arrived, checked the tank and said it wasn't diesel, yet the black smoke coming out the exhaust suggested it was. Car was towed away. Instead of making it to Derby, I only made 4 miles from my house!

Car is fine now too, my dad drove it from work no problem, and had to do no work on the car either....

A very strange hiccup! Wonder what it was? But at least it's working well now.

Yep DM. It was a lovely surprise to see you. But never mind about the ttfns - it was a big place and not surprising we never crossed paths again. Good journey home until Didcot and roadworks! Slow crawl that added 45 minutes to the journey! Hope you had a successful filming session!

Still chuckling after a message from a friend where she relayed a conversation she'd had with her OH when he'd asked her why she was laughing at a text I'd sent.

He said "what, Vicki the hill runner, without an ounce of flab on her anywhere?" (which is so untrue it's laughable!)

She replied "no, the other Vicki, the social recluse who sits on the sofa all day eating biscuits and lusting after inappropriate men in American box sets".

He said "I can see exactly why you are best friends."

(I might have just a little crush on Wentworth Miller after watching 4 seasons of Prison Break back to back :oops: .)