Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Bit of a downer yesterday... was foxed in broad daylight, in the middle of the day - lost all my birds :(

Been here 20 years, and never seen a fox, so always taken the measured risk of letting them free range. Could have happened to anyone I guess. :roll:

Will be restocking at Reading Bantam show at the end of February, and if anyone knows of any bantam pullets, I would be interested.

Oh no DM. I am so sorry. It is a risk we all take, we weigh up the advantages and the risks and make our decision. I wonder if it is the sudden cold weather that has made the fox more desperate and made them visit places they would normally not go.

So sorry DM.

On a positive I look forward to seeing photos of your new chooks.

Chrissie

Sorry to hear it C :(

I'll have to miss Reading Bantam show again this year, its one of my favourites and went for a good few years.

Our incubator is on with a friend but they're large fowl Marans and Welsummer. If my Chocolate Pekin trio start laying I might pop Doris the Lavender in with them and see what hatches so you'd be welcome to a couple of those.

Was thinking earlier, I've not seen Willow around for ages. Hope she's ok

Really sorry to hear your news :(

It is awful to lose just one bird so I can't imagine how it must feel to lose all at once in such circumstances.

Good to hear though that you will be re-stocking, I've always found that when you lose any animal, somehow getting a new one helps deal with the sadness.