Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Hello LolaLayla!

Well no spawn so they must just have been practising :lol: Mullethunter, I wouldnt feed your tadpoles they should get enough nutrients from the water, algae, pondweed etc. Shows how much warmer it must be in your part of the country. Dont think there is spawn anywhere up here yet! Ax

Dad was on bed rest because of a dodgy knee which will possibly need surgery... This afternoon they had to call an ambulance for gas & air to get him to hospital and he has a slipped disk!

He had all sorts of problems and surgery before so we'll see what they say tomorrow and if he'll need surgery.

I'm home on Saturday so will be able to look after the patient :roll::lol:

Lewis, sorry to hear that Grumps is indisposed; send him my love and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Cleaned the algae from OH's pond at the weekend, no frog spawn, but the fishes are happier now. Otter spraint spotted on the mill race though, so trying to get hold of a motion sensor camera to set up there.

Sorry to hear about Poppy :(

Had to google 'spraint', new word added to my vocab today :) Hope you manage to find a camera, would be awesome to see!

Grumps is out of hospital, they've said its a slipped disk but he's going private to get an MRI. He's on tramadol so I guess he's comfortable.

Had a big bonfire this morning, very satisfying :D

On fire duty, I spent some time watching next door's OEG bantam cockeral chasing a large fat hybrid up and down the garden; she wasn't having any of him - most amusing :lol:

Having chopped down lots of hedging and shrubbery I'm feeling shattered now - bath awaits 8)

Gosh you have been busy!

Amazing how stubborn chickens can be... They have been on pellets only during the day for the past two days, and I'm pretty sure they haven't eaten much appart from the endive and hand of mixed corn they get in the morning.

I'm away during the day for the past few days and again tomorrow, so not bothered by sad looking eyes and loud sqwuaks. But still amazed to find that they just refuse to eat the pellets. :wall::wall: Put them on a pellet mix for a few weeks as they weren't eating much at all and I was getting worried. Now the are spoiled little brats! :wall::wall:

You're a braver woman than me :D

Spent about 15 minutes this morning watching a female blackbird hopping about on shed roof looking for nesting materials, swooping down and then taking them off to a new nest....which seems to be in a holly bush :shock:

Yesterday afternoon my mums horse threw a wobbly, bolted and threw her off, at gallop, into a fence.

She was airlifted to hospital and has badly fractured her femur, broken most of her ribs on one side and fractured her scapula. She's being operated on this morning, will be non weight bearing for 6 weeks and at least another 6 weeks until walking properly.

The trouble is she lives on her own and has 3 horses and 4 chickens. Luckily friends are rallying around to help.

What a lovely Easter :roll:

Thanks all. She's had the op (3 hrs :shock: ) and was coming around talking gibberish when I went to see her this afternoon. So far excellent from the NHS. Especially the Emergency Department - they were brilliant at keeping us informed about everything that was going on, even showed me all the scans and x-rays. Unfortunately not the same on the ICU.

Makes me so glad we have a NHS. She was flown from the moor to the hospital, has been assessed, worked on and scanned by doctors and nurses from at least 4 different departments and has had a serious operation within 24hrs of being admitted. Must have cost a fortune.

Fingers crossed for her

Had to euthanase a moorhen today :( turned out of my friend's drive onto the lane, and the poor thing was flapping around in the hedgerow, obviously been hit by a car. It was in a bad way, felt as if the pelvis was broken. I just hope that it hadn't been there for long before we found it.

Best wishes for your Mum, that sounds terrible. We are very lucky to have the NHS.

My news is that the last of my kids have moved out. The twins have found a home to share. It was a lucky find, they wanted to stay in London but that's impossible, but they found somewhere very nice in Buckinghamshire that fits for the one that works in London and the one that works in Hemel. It's also only a short drive from us so not too bad.

I think it's traditional to feel sad but we don't. OH and I are enjoying being a couple again and have started rejigging the house......and it stays tidy and I don't have to fight for the washing machine or cooker!