Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Nice. Mental note dont move to Portugal.

Trying to fit 2 bumper bits on 2 stroppy hens - I can imagine the angry bokking translated into English is " noooooo I dont want a piercing - I waaaannnnnnt a tattoo" :wink:

Goodness knows what neighbours thought to the cursing from OH and birds. :roll:

You'll never guess what OH has just been doing.....making an elephant out of 2 towels and complete with Raybans as an ironic decoration to welcome an old friend who is coming to stay. It is so unseasonally cool here that we lit a fire last night and I have just made watercress soup :(

had a grotty day. Had to dispatch a hen :( not an oldie either. Was bitten yesterday by something (why do you never see the blighters) and today have cellulitis in my arm. Going to out of hours later hopefully for antibiotics. Hoped antihistamines, nurofen and paracetamol would suffice but not better and feel like tearing the skin off. :evil:

Crikey - don't delay (I know you're a nurse) - I had this a few years ago and by the time I got to A&E I only just avoided needing a drip for antibiotics. It was swelling visibly, very scary and it has led me to wear gloves when gardening although in fact it was insect bite that caused mine.

Sorry to hear about your hen but well done on despatching it.

Well eventually got seen after waiting hours and the Doctor forgot me :shock: I am hard to miss :lol: he decided to do my blood pressure which was sky high. So back to GP next week. Really don't want BP drugs. Given antibiotics for arm. Place was full of crying babies. So glad mine are past that.

Survived swim and has loosened up my neck which was tense and like a coiled spring.YS whispered "i bet these kids are weeing in the pool" :shock: I reminded him about the chlorine which killed bugs including sneaky wees and didnt enlighten him about a misspent youth (I was a tot) weeing in various pools :vom: (come on we've all done it?) I didnt want him getting anxious about anything else.

I hate public swimming pools. I feel like I'm swimming in bleach and wee. Everything is damp in the changing cubicles which are too small.

I had a lovely moment with DD yesterday. We popped by Ruislip Lido/Woods while it was sunny and spent some time just sitting in the sun eating ice-cream and nattering.

It was nothing different but just felt like a special moment.

I bought a double boiler on ebay, to replace the one I broke a few years ago (31st July 2012!). Managed to find the same design, still in original packaging, from the USA. It arrived today, smashed to bits :(

Who does the claiming for damage from the postage company? Is it me or the seller?