Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I went to Sydney for 3 months to do my masters dissertation project, then went back for a year to live and work. Absolutely loved it and made would have moved out there (even trained and worked for 2 years here as a secondary science teacher so I could) if I hadn't got the job I have now and met my partner.

No sign of an owner then? You'd think that someone would miss something that cute.

Nope, the mother cat comes in regularly to my dad's work, but is not interested in the kitten. My mum took the kitten to the RSPCA to get it checked over. They said she is in good health and is 5-6 weeks old.

Aww, we look forward to more photos of her.

On another note, I do despair sometimes; I was walking the dogs on lead in our park when a small girl of about 4 or 5 detached herself form a group of mums and kiddies, and ran over towards me, straight up to Ruby, in her face and started to pat her VERY hard on the head whilst sticking her face in Ruby's. Now Ruby is a nervous dog who appreciates a calm and mannered approach, so I popped her behind my legs and said 'ah ah, not a good idea idea lovey' to the little 'un, and pointed out quietly that Ruby is nervous of small children, but that Cyrus is always up for a hug, and that it's best to check first before approaching a dog you don't know.

One of the mums came lunging over at me, right in my face and had a real go at me for averting what could have been a nasty situation. Both my dogs were on leads, and under control, I ALWAYS teach children to ask before patting someone else's dog, and show them how to do it carefully and safely. I'm afraid that I walked off with the mum yelling blue murder at me for having a 'vicious dog that ought to be put down' :roll: Ruby wouldn't have hurt the little girl; she doesn't have a vicious bone in her, but is very nervous and may well have turned abruptly away and knocked her over.

Some people! Youre damned if you don't and damned if you do! She was probably overreacting as she suddenly realised what could have happened. I wish more people would teach their kids not to run up to dogs. Any dogs, even if they know them. Neela is ok around kids, but she would rather not be around small ones. I think just know you did the right thing, and she was being a silly person.

I wish parents would just parent their kids instead of trusting the kids to do it themselves! :evil:

How often I see small kids running around, near roads or something like that and wondering were the parents are? When I was little I held my mums hand on the streets and always had to exit the car at the sidewalk side!

Bring back the days of having your kid on a lead! :wink:

:lol:

Totally agree Cat tails - I was extraordinarily proud of the pale lemon yellow ones I had :D

Also totally agree with you DM. I suppose all you can do it rise above it, you know you did the right thing.

I've woken up with a sore throat, I got very hot weeding yesterday and then quite cold inside with no heating. My own fault.