Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

The cat took a while too, but most time went into removing the inside as it wasn't nowhere ripe... and managed to cut myself twice...

Did learn that it's no use trying to maul the knife through in one go, but go a bit deeper everytime. First I just traced the outline wit the tip of the knife, only cutting through the peel as it were.

Grasshoppers (the BIG ones) and crickets. Kids loved them!

Crickets are now being fed to the chickens. (I'm rather done with their chirping right now...) Grasshoppers will feature in the lessons of my biology colleague at school and have been transferred to a large fauna box. Although I doubt the grasshoppers were very fresh... as I already had 2 casualties and only bought them this weekend.

Groovychook, I just saw the posts about your son. Glad you're back home and improving. How old is he?

Thank you :)

He's 3 and a half. He's almost back to normal although still catching up on lost sleep. He went back to preschool for a couple of hours this morning. It's amazing how quickly they bounce back... and scary how fast they can deteriorate.

I'm hoping that we'll be illness free for a while now. He's already had Campylobacter and Hand Foot & Mouth since the beginning of September :(

Changing the subject enormously.....I've got one of those x10 makeup mirrors. That's not a very nice place to be!

Horror show every morning.

Ooh, I don't like the sound of those! There are bonuses to having poorer eyesight these days :wink:

Same here.

Where are all the young ambitious people? Orange Trump is 70 and Hillary is 68. Nothing against people of that age! But they should just go and enjoy their pensions. Trump will be 74 at the end of the term if he manages to fool enough people.

Edited by Guest