Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I'm feeling quite cross. My mother has given me the silent treatment for almost three years now. I've been made to feel totally irrelevant to my family and although my sister and I sent a joint card we'd designed to my Dad on his 80th birthday, it was ignored and we were excluded from his party.

That was hurtful enough but now we've just received a Christmas card from my parents and there's no names on it, no reference to my kids and they haven't received individual cards. I don't know if the reason for my hurt is obvious but it feels like my kids have also been discarded and they're nice people who don't deserve to be punished for some reason I have never understood.

It's like the straw that broke the camels back.

I feel like I've had it with my family now, I'm fed up with thinking about it. They feel like people I used to know and the sad thing is I find I'm comfortable with that now.

That's sad Jude, they are really missing out on a whole big part of their family. I don't know the cause, and it would be lovely if the rift could heal. but sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on. You have lovely children, who you are rightly very proud of, take comfort in that.

If it's any help, i have the same sort if thing with my sister

Thank you Clare. To be honest I think the remedy lies with me, all I have to do is say sorry even though it would be meaningless and false, never ask any questions about what it was all about and sit quietly and politely. I think a bit of me would die inside. I'd need to know who was in on it, who made decisions to exclude us, all sorts of things. It would never work. I've asked my parents and my older sister to explain to me but they just won't answer, I suspect they don't have a clue either. I think family life is just easier for them all if I'm off the scene.

Wow! It feels good to write all that down publicly.

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your family :(

My Dad doesn't want much to do with me either and has only met his grandson on four brief occasions. He lives 25 minutes away :roll:

It's stopped hurting (most of the time) but I agree that accepting the normality of the situation is very sad in itself.

Just concentrate on your own lovely family and try not to stress about it.

xxx

Thank you Groovychook. Yes I will. I had a good old rant with my younger sister yesterday, her children have been treated in a similar fashion except for one niece who received a present. She of course feels awkward which I guess was the purpose for selecting her. It's all very mean. I guess our generation are learning a lot about parenting because we're able to talk and research online and discover what goes on behind doors.

I'm going to move on now. Thanks again.

Merry Christmas everyone.

One of my boys is an EMT and on Christmas Eve he attended an unexpected home birth!!!!!!

Everything was well and there was much shaking of hands and beaming smiles and the dad called them his four wise men. My son said it was all really lovely.

Ah how lovely.

Not posted on here for ages, life has just been a bit busy. Hope you all had a great Christmas and may I wish you all a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.

I hope to be a more active Omleteer in 2017.

Chrissie

Roughly this time last year I collapsed walking along the Thames. It was dark, I was on my own and it's left a little demon inside my head. I've been quite cowardly and not really taken it on. I plan tomorrow to go back, walk along that bit of the river and hopefully expunge it. OH will be with me.....just in case I think myself into a mess.

Of course I might just bottle it. Wish me luck.

Thank you!!!!!

I did it! I'm very pleased I did mainly because it was such an anti-climax which I assume is a good thing. I'd almost forgotten why I was there because it was raining so hard that I discovered my new waterproof coat isn't and my phone and camera were wet. I was faffing about that so much that I passed the point without noticing.

The demon turned out to be just a little imp after all.

It was quite a fun day, we went to Whitechapel first to check out J the R sites and Brick Lane which I've only ever driven along. Then we walked many miles in the pouring rain East along the Thames. I'm not sure why really because we just caught a river bus back. I took loads of photos, we got off at Embankment and I just strolled past 'the scene'. The Thames was very high by the way.

Forgot to say - if you find yourself in Brick Lane and you like salt beef bagels or indeed any sort of bagel then head for Beigel Bake (it has a distinct red, blue & white sign) The bagels are lovely. Don't expect friendly service, they are scary ladies. The queue is always long, especially at night when it is a heady mix of normal people, thugs, opera goers, police and prostitutes. It's brilliant.