Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

No they escaped from fur farms 100 years ago and are an invasive species now, eating eggs of native wildlife and causing accidents, they're thought to be a vector for rabies too.

We have raccoon dogs in Slovakia, not sure about raccoons.

I bought a raccoon skull at Easter 8):lol:

Two unauthorised beasts in the chicken run today...

When I went to shut them in so I could go out at lunch time Mrs Blackbird flew out from the far end of the run. She must've been in there on purpose because she did a perfect flight from the end of the run around the feeders and out of the door - I guess she was either after pellets or insects.

Then when I was cleaning the dust bath (trug inside a tyre) this evening a very fat mouse sprang up from between the trug and tyre and did a couple of high speed laps around the rim of the tyre before shooting off somewhere! Didn't half make me jump :lol:

Regarding blackbirds...I am feeling dreadful as I think I have scared our nesting pair (names by YS Mr and Mrs Beaky)off. They were in the honeysuckle just close to the house and didn't seem to mind the boys gallivanting and gallumphing round the garden but I was outside close to the nest site with the tree man who had come to look at reducing our silver birches (more of a stick man really, could do with feeding up!!) and Mrs Beaky flew off the nest at an angle and straight into our window then away next door. They have been in the garden since but not the nest. Luckily no eggs in it but all that work for nothing :cry:

Today I pleaded guilty to careless driving. Got 4 points and a fine. Last November I reversed out of a space and inadvertently clipped another stationary car. I am slightly deaf and didn't hear anything. I drove off. Weeks later had a letter from insurance by then I had noticed a scratch on my old bangers bumper so admitted it and thought no more. Then I get a letter from court a witness had reported me and said I had "smashed" into the other car and sped off something in this car park which is impossible as you'd kill someone.

We weren't allowed to see CCTV and only today did I learn other car had minor scratches hardly damage from smashing. Some people are vicious liars.

I was lucky in that I didn't get a ban. I found the whole thing stressful. My solicitor was good and I had 2 character references. My solicitor said it should never have reached court. I was the only woman being charged and the rest were young lads who looked like extras from Eastenders :shock:

I didn't like the fact you had to sit through others crimes and they through yours. Didn't want people to know where I lived.

OH said dress sensibly so they know you are contrite. It wasn't till we were waiting I glanced down and noticed he was wearing his " I love my cat" socks complete with picture of a cat :roll:

So thankfully it's over. Horrible time.

How horrible for you - and it sounds like the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion.

What a waste of the Court's time over a couple of silly scratches. :roll:

Glad you are going to put this behind you - it's over and done with now so try to look forward with confidence :D

Take care x x