Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Went to Romania for a Zoo and Exotics conference last week and had a great time!

The lectures were really interesting and made some contacts for possible placements in the future.

It's an 8 hour drive from where we are in Slovakia and we almost cooked in the heat!

Sorry Jude, posting pix is not my thing, hopefully somebody else (CatTails?) will be along, I love looking at other peoples :D

Its Friday night and I am watching Glasto, all very relaxed, feeling younger than I actually am :lol: . The son of my BF is playing tonight on one of the myriad stages I've never heard of, I feel so pleased for him :D

I absolutely love the lines you've got in the first photo. The sloping lines of the hills, mirrored through the field and even onto the ripples of the lake. Its a really pleasing composition, and colour, with a bit of human interest and scale. I know if it was me I wouldn't have set out to capture things like that, but its a really pleasing picture :D

Actually one of the reasons I like it so much is that the lines of the hills are so like around here in Portugal, but you've got the luscious green of the grass and the gunmetal of the water, whereas here we have a different green from pine trees and bright blue from the sky. So your photo reminds me of England; its remarkably calm :D

Bit embarrassed to say sleep overtook me! However, my BF's boy was over the moon when he discovered they were headliners as they are his favourite band. Not sure he is awake yet to ask about how it went :lol:

I have to say, when its not pouring with rain, it does look the place to be. In my youth it never attracted me, but now its clear you can be a bit more genteel and there is so much variety of things to do/bands to see. A friend of mine was most put out when friends of hers who were performing said she couldn't go with them as she wouldn't be able to put up with the toilets! This is a woman who has lived and worked in the Sudan..... :roll:

I know someone who went with her son and had wipes for everything so didnt have to use showers :vom: I didnt know deodorant wipes existed - I am not sure I could use loos but as someone with a weak bladder when u gotta go....

Love the pic of the swan family Patsy. :D

If we can park by our tent we take our chemical loo but we are off to a small festival this coming weekend with no parking on the tent field so I hope the loos are ok. We went to a good one last year with very clean porta loos and one where they were clean in the arena but the campsite just cycled the same water for the whole weekend and they were vile :vom:

I'd love to go to a festival esp if folky but am not good with noise (bit of a drawback really then :roll: ) more at night when trying to sleep. I think its the Asperger's as ES is the same. Now, if I could have my own field..........

We used to camp in a big canvas tent doing Living History before children and I got through lots of wet wipes and ear plugs!

Co-incidentally YS (9) is away from home for the very first time tonight camping at Hill End, Oxford with school (brave, brave teachers!) and the forecast for tomorrow is foul....have just slung an extra pair of trousers into his suitcase along with a hand towel.......and wet wipes 8)

Well isn't this a world of coincidences, this morning my friend from the Sudan told me she was going to a festival in Gloucestershire somewhere with her daughter at the weekend, might be the same one as you CC :D

She also said that she was completely not bothered about toilets.....but couldn't find her tent :lol:

I will tell her that wet wipes are the way to go :D

Well isn't this a world of coincidences, this morning my friend from the Sudan told me she was going to a festival in Gloucestershire somewhere with her daughter at the weekend, might be the same one as you CC :D

She also said that she was completely not bothered about toilets.....but couldn't find her tent :lol:

I will tell her that wet wipes are the way to go :D

One tip for night time loo visits is to get a wide necked plastic bottle to use.... saves having to traipse through tents and navigate the sea of wee in the public loos!

I've just watched a pick up drive very slowly and noisily up the road (unusual, we get about 5 vehicles a day!) with a long yellow hosepipe trailing for about 30 feet behind it :shock: First I thought somebody was going to do something naughty with the communal water fountain (you aren't allowed to attach a hosepipe to it). However, eventually a man appeared walking past the window with a sprayer on the end of the hosepipe, killing off the weeds at the roadside, for fire prevention. I am assuming this man has walked the 5km up our high hillside doing this, good job its overcast :D