Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Darn it, just had to despatch one of my German Langshan bantam hens :( I love those gorgeous little things... my neighbour was popping them in the run for me as I was due to be later back, she texted to say that it looked like one had a bad prolapse. I raced to get back sooner, and sure enough she had a really nasty one - she was pecking at it and another of the birds had obviously had a go too :roll: Poor wee thing.

I shall have to cast around for another couple of them - I love having them in my flock

All very odd last night; got back from circuit training just before 9pm to find the street in darkness. Knocked up a neighbour who said that it had been off for 20mins, and that the electricity board said it would be off until at least 1am :shock: just what I needed when I was hot and sweaty!!!

Got candles lit, and cranked up the stove so I could boil a kettle for a strip wash. The power was on and off most of the night, but is back now... took me right back to the Winter of Discontent!

Sorry to hear about your hen and powercut Clare. Its funny how we always check with a neighbour re powercuts just in case its only us. Hope you get new girlies soon

ES is home from uni for a few days. Have stocked up fridge - no doubt by tonight it will be emptier :wall: those of you with sons will feel my pain - those with daughters will feel relieved they have girls. :lol:

Thanks Ali, all fine now, but will leave off any replacements for now

Managed to slam the car door on my thumb at the weekend, and boy did it bleed!!!! :shock: quick bit of first aid and compression bandage and dealt with it at home later. Throbbed a lot for 24 hours, but nothing's broken, and it looks like I will keep my nail... there's a lot to be said for plenty of steristrips and vet wound powder :lol:

Ouch, sounds nasty DM, hope it is on the mend.

Lovely day cliff walking today in East Devon, although my old hips and shins are a bit sore now. The weather is fabulous and if I could work out how to easily post photos I would, looked more like the Med than April on the U.K. coast :D

Managed to slam the car door on my thumb at the weekend, and boy did it bleed!!!! :shock: quick bit of first aid and compression bandage and dealt with it at home later. Throbbed a lot for 24 hours, but nothing's broken, and it looks like I will keep my nail... there's a lot to be said for plenty of steristrips and vet wound powder :lol:

I've done that before DM... hurt like hell. I feel your pain!!