Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Try not to feel too bad about it - maybe all the emotional turmoil you've had over the last few weeks and months is to blame. Daft though it sounds, your brain has had a lot to process and maybe it hasn't been giving enough energy to the stuff like "not falling over" and "mind that wall in front of you"

They do say that stress can work its way out of your system in many different ways so perhaps this is how it is for you - painful and embarrassing though it be :oops:

Hopefully things will improve soon, and you will be back to your normal well balanced and non-clumsy self :D

And regarding heavy handbags (thought I'd reply to 2 post in one :) ) I once put my bag on the passenger seat in my hubby's car and was driving along quite happily when out of the corner of my eye I saw a little red light flashing. It was the seat belt warning light for the passenger seat - my bag was so heavy the car thought there was someone sitting in the seat! :roll:

Don't worry I am very clumsy and for years went out with a rucksack with a change of clothes 'in case I fall in a river'. Eventually I got over myself only to fall in one of those gullies in Freiburg. I only got my feet wet but now my husband walks on the road or river side of me. In Ironbridge I had the river to my left and the road to my right and my poor husband didn't know how best to protect me. I was quite happy and actually didn't fall into either.

We'll probably unintentionally you have all made me smile :D I think there is a lot in what Sil-El says, when we are under pressure either emotionally or physically, our bodies do seem to do things differently. It's like we are living so much in the mind and the memory we don't think about the mechanics. This week I am recovering from unexpected exhaustion in the middle aged area after a bout of cycling in extreme heat. So far I have washed my hair in shower gel instead of shampoo, cut my thumb with a knife and walked round sucking it like a baby till the bleeding stopped, dropped a jar which shattered into a million pieces and misread the kg and lbs on the scales so I have made jam with twice as much sugar as it should have, and now it's set rock solid like toffee!

Seriously, I hope you get back to normal soon, at least on the clumsy front, I know the grieving will take a while yet. Give yourself some time.

Thanks for your good wishes - Daphne welcome to my world. Many a time I have washed my hair in conditioner. Girls at work giving me good natured ragging about my accident. The place is a death trap. On the plus side it means our manager who is male and isnt against giving a hug has been told no hugs as too sore. I think its his culture hes not being creepy. On the plus side sleeping well as tanked up with pain killers.

Going up to dads this weekend for more gentle clearing. what joy.

Apples, apples, apples....I really don't wish to sound ungrateful for good old Mother Nature's bounty but how I'd like to eat a meal that DOESN'T contain apples! And we don't even have a tree anymore! It seems that every friend or acquaintance I come across is desperate to thrust a bag of apples into my hand.

It's sad that people just don't have room to store them properly anymore (apart from the freezer, of course!) Still, makes a change from gorging on runner beans :lol:

This weekend is what OH and I call.......duvet weekend :doh: ! The winter duvet comes down from the loft and off I go next week to the launderette to wash it as the summer weight one goes up into the loft to await the washing thing in the spring!

It's much cheaper taking duvets to a launderette than a 'dry cleaners' who will only launder them anyway - apparently you are not allowed to 'dry clean' a duvet now due to the chemicals (??)

Turning of the seasons and all that!!

PS Musn't forget to go conker collecting to keep the spiders at bay over the winter :wall:

When I got my run of the mill,double duvet washed and dried at launderette it would have been cheaper to buy a new one! :doh:

I lug mine along to the launderette in the next village and use their 'industrial' sized machine and dryers. Its £6.60 for the bigger machine for the winter duvet but I can squeeze the summer on into the smaller machine at £5.40. Then a few cycles in the big dryer at 20p a go and, heypresto, all done. It's boring though; each one takes about half an hour to wash then 15 mins to dry so I take a good book!

The horrible scouse brow. I too think they are very OTT. A friend of mine's very pretty fair daughter got married recently and when I saw wedding photos all I noticed was those very dark brows on the bride and her sisters who were bridesmaids. They looked awful and I think in a few years they will look at them in horror.

I don't understand this whole eyebrow thing. I've never done anything with my eyebrows at all, never plucked, brushed, dyed or waxed.

I just leave them alone and don't bother about them.

But then I'm not big on faffing around anyway and I rarely bother with make up - too much like hard work to take it off!

Some people I know spend a fortune having their eyelashes dyed! Yikes :shock:

What I do t get are the eyebrows that are square and lumpy at the nose side then have a skinny tail at the other end they look like square tadpoles! My ED's are heading that way which is a shame because she has lovely striking natural brows which frame her large eyes beautifully. YD takes hers down to her thin line then puts them back on too dark for her dark blond hair. She got quite shirty the other week when we tried to point out the irony of her paying good money to put back what nature had given her! She was moaning about lack of money at the time :roll:

I leave my pale ones alone.

I agree - I see the prettiest girls looking like gargoyle with bad makeup. Why not have them tinted professionally and shaped at the same time. A good beautician will adv on colour. I have mine tinted pale brown as I am blond /grey. ES's girlfriend wanted her lips done. Shes a petite stunning blond who doesnt need work. She also attracts loads of not so nice men and has been followed a few times by idiots. If she looks like a blow up doll it will make it worse. ES told her to not be so silly. I despair.