Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Sorry to hear about that DM, we dog owners do seem to get it in the neck sometimes, whatever we do.

I'm fortunate with Willow, she has the patience of a saint and will put up with any amount of "fuss" from tinies - BUT I've noticed these days that most little ones either ask if they can stroke her, get their mums to ask for them or wait to be invited to stroke her - I ALWAYS thank them for this and tell them that not all dogs like to be fussed so it's always best to ask first. Mums generally seem to understand this and are pleased when I "praise" their child.

One has to question whether the mum who yelled at you would have let her child come over to talk to you (I mean, without the dogs), I would hope not, but talking to "strange dogs" ought to have the same warnings attached as talking to strange adults (not that I'm suggesting you're strange DM, just unknown to this particular child) :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: totally understand Bramble.

Cyrus absolutely loves kiddies, like your Willow, but Ruby finds them noisy, scary and unpredictable . She did very well given the circumstances. My daughter has grown up surrounded by animals and always asks before petting anything. It is worrying to see a generation growing up where some of them don't even have the most basic social skills.

Aww, I know what you mean... I was hanging out the washing earlier and glanced up to see a couple of my pekins perching in the apple tree and chirruping away. I had a little moment then :)

Most of the time I'm just flying about trying to get things done and it's such a treat to sit back and enjoy them.

Going onto another subject YS said Justin Bieber was spotted up the road from where we live. I am not a fan. I know Clare knows area Apex Corner. I just hope he doesn't register at our surgery. We have enough drama queens on our books :lol:

Yes, that's not far from my folks. I had heard that he'd bought in north London, and wondered if he was nearish to them.... There are lots of music and film industry that way.

Blue Angels are a blue egg laying hybrid, cross between white leghorn and araucana. 90% change of large turquoise eggs. They are the same size as a full sized araucana, and slim like a leghorn, mine are white with grey and black splodges like marble. A bit skittish until they start to lay, but really sweet when they settle down. One of mine lays turq eggs, the other a beautiful China white egg.

Looks like our new Marigold is laying nearly white eggs and we have an Easter Egger hybrid which is a legbar hybrid who may lay blue or green eggs, her ears are bluish so I am hopeful :D . The third one is a gorgeous dark chestnut brown black tail.

They have gone straight in with the 3 from last year who are the most docile group we have ever had. So far we have had very little trouble just a bit of trouble with them being allowed into the house at night.

and that it's best to check first before approaching a dog you don't know.

I was walking in the park today, and this lovely little dog came up to me (I am a bit wary of dogs after almost being mauled by one last month...), I asked the owner if I could stroke her (the dog, not the owner :lol: ) and she gave look that looked like I just told her she had won the lottery or something! She was stunned to silence! After a few seconds she said yes and we had a brief chat....but she still looked quite confused :lol:

I also got all the stuff the hospital has prescribed for my eczema, I didn't think it was that much until I went to the pharmacy....

2d7e891b-298e-4673-bee5-43d25f454859.jpg

Glad you don't go round stroking strange ladies. Might get arrested. That lot will keep you busy. Wouldn't know where to start.

:lol:

Thankfully the doctor wrote down what cream goes where and how often it needs to be applied and what tablet to take when and to top it all off, I had to pay for it too!

Crikey, I'd be confused by that lot too! Hope you're exempt from paying for it all.

So glad that you asked before stroking the dog 8) - is anyone else aware of [urlhttp://www.yellowdoguk.co.uk/]Yellow Dog[/url]? Sprang up a few years ago from the need to identify dogs which need space; lots of rescue dogs are scared of humans as well as other dogs. I once fostered a rescued lurcher who for weeks would cringe if anyone raised their voice or moved too quickly near him; I got a kiddy's t shirt from a charity shop and wrote 'nervous dog' on it in indelible pen. It worked a treat, and he improved massively if he wasn't approached and allowed to make the first step himself.

I have a dog-related injury :roll::oops: squirrel ran across the garden in front of the dogs today - I should have just let it go as it could probably clear the fence quicker than them. but I grabbed the nearest dog by the collar; she helicoptered around to chase, my hand slipped and the middle finger was wrenched first one way then t'other. It went back in on the counter-rotation, but is swollen and bruised now. OH is all for me going to A&E, but I have better things to do than sit for hours with a load of sick people, will see how it is in the morning.

Can u put an ice pack on it and strap to its neighbour? Elevate and avoid too much movement. Nurofen if you can take is good on full tummy of course. Wish you better. Animals we love em but they are a nightmare. Our girl cat has scratched me twice on neck . My sin to pick her up. Not bad scratches but sore.

Spending the weekend in hospital with my little man. We were rushed in by ambulance on Friday evening after he started coughing & wheezing quite badly. The air ambulance was busy so we had the full sirens and lights. Little man thought it was so exciting whilst I was panic stricken!

He's been diagnosed with viral pneumonia and has had a rough time of it.

Thankfully improving faster than anticipated so with any luck we'll be home in a day or two. Hope so... I've had a few sleepless nights.