Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Mine normally have the run of the garden when I'm home, but are also cooped up at boarding when I'm away.

But I do trust the people there as they have a lot of fowl running around all in good health. But they are no nonsense carers. Not the types that will endlessly visit vets, but just take practical measures. They did explain that at first visit and it's fine by me. Rather have a bird taken care off than suffer.

Your mum is an experienced chicken keeper and I think our girls are lucky to have such good care! :D

Thanks both. I just needed a bit of reassurance! I took them last night, and when I went back this morning their run was surrounded by my mums big girls and mine were just peering out of the house looking unsure. I put their fence around to give them a bit of a buffer, and by the time I left they were out and about looking much happier :D

Nightmare this morning. On holiday in Spain and purchased some funky nail polish before left UK. This morning a bottle of Rimmel Tangerine by Rita Ora was broken on tiled floor. YS had knocked it off in dark and it hard set hard. OH and I set too with nail polish removal pads and managed to get it off. Only bit left was a small bit on son's foot. It was a nice colour too. Also got a lovely yellow too. :roll:

Slightly disconcerting to see Carol Smilee dubbed and extolling virtues of Finnish dishwasher cleaner in Spainish. The tubby English actor telling her how good it was had been named Luis Lopez. :shock: That and the cast of EastEnders all talking and the speech 2 mins behind the mouths made us howl with laughter. Little things :lol:

Holiday nearly over. Flying back to UK tomorrow night. Means we have one more day. Lovely holiday ,YS has made friends with lads and a few ladies from all over mainly UK but some French and other nationalities. They hang out in pool, reception yakking and chilling. Great to see as he's had as you know anxiety and OCD. Means me and OH have done loads of walking, seeing sites, shopping and drinking frappes in our adopted watering hole. Strange how we watch couples with toddlers _ we travelled with little uns too. Can't call it a holiday so tiring. In a few years we will be just me n him. Sad but also exciting as we can do all the city breaks etc we want to do. We both want to buy and do up an old ambulance to travel round Europe. Still a dream at present.

The hotel has a mix of all nationalities. One thing we've noticed is that we always get seated right down bottom of restaurant. Miles away from food. OH thinks they have list of people they think look dodgey and they plonk us out of sight. Food is good but some strange dishes. OH had mushroom soup and found what he thought was a fin or something in it :shock: the other soup was fish. So who knows. it is a lovely hotel just what we needed after 2 bereavements and I'll health. Another week before I go back to work. Washing, getting some new girls and the odd day out. :D

Watched a great soul singer last night and had a little boogie. Couldn't resist a little shimmy past YS in reception with his pals. Sadly he missed it. Today left him by pool and climbed up to the old walled town had a coffee in a little cafe and gazed in awe at view. Tossa de marr is beautiful. We went down and found lovely old church where we lit a candle and sat in the only bit of light coming in a small window. Seemed fitting somehow. Now chucking stuff in suitcases and will prob read or snooze before showering and taking cases down. Flight is 02.15 tomorrow morning. Groan. Still can sleep in and no work for next week. :D

Back in Uk and just about recovered from a horrendous night flight albeit 2hours but the hassle at the airports is a nightmare. To make it worse I was sick on coach to airport (luckily in a bag :shock: am aware how anal coach drivers are about puke and their vehicles) and felt dreadful. Last time I was travel sick was 17 years ago again in a coach in Spain. We got to Gatwick at 3am and had to stand in a long queue to get thro passport control. Babies crying kids whining (so glad mine was only grumbling being 15 and that age) when we got there the woman asked me where we were from ( where we'd flown from) and I went blank. My befuddled brain just wouldnt work. OH stared at me and muttered "Spain" to her. Somewhere on a security camera in Gatwick theres a dopey blond who doesnt know what planet shes on. In my defence I was tired, hungry and dehydrated and looked a wreck. Got home at 6am Sun morning and straight to bed. Another week of no work so catching up on sleep and enjoying time with boys. :D

Really thrilled 2 of my new gals have laid eggs. Yahayy. Egg famine is over. Only got them yesterday. Given them song names -Jolene Sussex x, Ruby a Goldlliner which looks like a GNR and Lucille another GNR . There was a lovely little bantam strutting around . I didn't realise bantams were so tiny. There were also some Ostrich's .OH said "we're not having one of them. " Just think of those eggs :shock: you could make a huge omelette. Sorry to bore you with my girlies but I hope to have more luck with these.

:shock: what?!

Glad I am in Canada, far, far away :D if only blocking out the mental image was so easy :lol:

Yesterday I saw 2 black bears in the wild :D and their tracks :shock: and today I have seen 2 prairie dogs (cute looking) by a road bridge, I think they are common, and most excitingly a bald eagle, flying along the Fraser river at very good viewing height, they are threatened apparently, so I am quite pleased with myself :D

We're down in Cornwall, staying with OH's lovely sister in her cottage near Coverack. We went to a local outdoor jazz evening on Friday, to raise funds for the local cottage hospital. On the way back, we had a small fox cub run out in front of our car, and race along the road in the headlights. The weather has been splendid today and we went into Coverack to watch the regatta.... Really just some boat races, children's swim races, and diving off the harbour wall; fab fun, and plenty of ice cream eaten!

I have to say it is awesome :lol: My goodness, its vast. The people are mega polite, and out in the sticks the coffee is dreadful, the food ranges from bad to quite good, the beer is excellent, but the scenery is amazing. I have to say it's blown me away. The geology makes for really interesting landscapes, always changing. We saw a map of the country yesterday say 5ft x 4ft. We have seen a square inch :shock: oh, and I have never ever seen such large vehicles, 4x4s are the smallest. We kept seeing 'coaches' with numerous wheels that turned out to be personal RVs :shock: I can't wait to come back :D

I can't wait to go away. It feels like I've been stuck in London for ever this year. I tend to avoid the centre during the summer months because its so hot and hectic so getting bored with the suburbs now. OH has been working non-stop too - holiday season and some people having unhappy times with illness etc. Keep the descriptions coming.....and London tap tastes foul at the moment, anyone else noticed that?

Yuck!! Warm and blaargh!