Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Yes good luck for mum. I know much of NHS is great - should do I work in it.

Trying to fight off a horrible bug - had 4 days off this month with chest infection and now its back all in the sinuses and coughing all night. Taking my asthma pumps. At 5am this morning sitting in bed with cup of tea and biccie and watching Law and Order SVU with subtitles so OH could sleep. Got general gist of story - thank goodness for all night TV. Great when ill or when nursing babies. Dont want t spend Easter Sunday in WIC with the hypochondriacs - will try and get appt on Tuesday. Hope you all have a good healthy day. x

I hope that your mum is soon on the mend.

I understand where you are coming from Patsy L with the happy empty nest. I have one left at home the eldest lives 45 miles away and DS is 400 miles away at uni. We have had the older two home in shifts one with their partner over the past couple of weeks and to be honest it was lovely having them but being back to our quiet 3 tonight is also lovely.

Sounds like a bad fall mullethunter!

Hope she is feeling better and on the road to recovery soon.

Spent the weekend with friends in London. Spent Friday touring breweries in Bermondsey followed by fish & chips (Good Friday) and then had a BBQ on Sunday. Friend is very luck to have a flat overlooking Tower Bridge so really central.

Late last night we drove back to Ealing via Trafalgar Square, the Mall and Buckingham Palace - so nice to have the road to ourselves and see all the sights. Very special :D

On clearing out the shed, guess what we found.......a dormouse :D Its a native one, aka the hazel dormouse, the cutest little gingery dormant ball with a furry tail. He/she is adorable :D We put him/her back where we found him/her, curled up in a nest of dead clematis :D

Another natural experience this afternoon. Driving through open country we saw a sparrow hawk (bit small) or possibly a marsh harrier (right size and looks but feels a bit unlikely somehow) feasting on a dead bunny at the side of the road, it only flew off when the car in front got very close so I had a good view :D unfortunately on the return journey the bird was also dead in the road - it obviously played chicken once too often :(

But on the same stretch of road I saw a red kite take off from a tree, it was so close I could see the top of his/her tail with all the beautiful red colour which I've never seen before. Also it is a very large bird close up :D

I feel very lucky :D

Great spots :D

Shame he was dead in the road after :(

We used to have hundreds of Red Kite in Aberystwyth, would often see half a dozen sat in a field - they're quite lazy! Amazing sight when they're all flying for food though.

A Sparrowhawk must've come through the garden this afternoon, freaked out the chickens and all the garden birds so badly that one little goldfinch flew headlong into the kitchen window - feathers everywhere. I found it on the decking panting with its eyes closed, and it didn't move when I picked it up.

I put it in a little box with Easichick bedding and left it in peace and quiet. I fully expected it to die, but when I looked in a couple of hours later it was hopping about :D

I took the box outside and he flew straight off, really high and shouting as he went - I was SO pleased - absolutely made my day :D

That is good news!

Well, completely unexpectedly we were on the same road today. It was even better, there are at least a pair of kites, lazily swooping about, and also a pair of sparrow hawks. The difference in tail shape and size is so clear. There are 2 small groups of trees, and the birds were sharing the same airspace. It was like it had been set up as a nature shoot :D my mother has noticed a decline in birds in her garden and there is a kite here, who is very active.

I am fascinated by birds of prey, next to chooks they are my favourites, particularly owls :D

My YD has weekly and bi weekly injections for Juvenile arthritis, which normally we go to the drs surgery and had a gp or nurse do it. Not anymore. Today we went to Southampton hospital and got taught how to do them ourselves :D She has two different applicators so she has learnt how to do one (an all in one pen injector) and I am doing the prefilled syringe. I was a bit worried, and after one false start where I went to do it and stopped, I did it no problems. I am immensely proud of myself as I am about my daughter. She was well chuffed with me too 8)

Well done :D

Hope it works out better doing it at home

I turned down a visit to Prague this weekend 'cos I have exams to study for; I say study not revise because I didn't learn it the first time :wink:

Had my Hematology final yesterday, Pathophys credit on Monday and Radiology final on Thursday!

Yes well done - have taught a few folk to inject themselves or family members - dont think I could inject myself as a wuss.

I work in North London and yesterday afternoon was looking out the surgery window as you do and saw a heron. I love herons - so elegant - by the time I had my phone to take a pic he'd gone. :cry:

I really think I chose my hens names to match their personalites. Maggie May is a redhead - tart with a heart type of gal always first for tipbits and a cuddle. Demelza is slight - dark with a red sheen and dainty and no trouble. Prudie well shes like her name sake in Poldark - comley wench with a bad attitude who chunters and puffs up her bosoms when I try to get her back in the run. :evil: She gives me nothing but grief. I half expect to see her with a bottle of plonk lying sparkho with some cockerel shes latched on to. :shock:

:lol:

I promise this is my last raptor post (well in the UK) but today on the same road as before, I stopped to watch a buzzard in a tree, who then flew off to hide a muddy field - note to buzzard, I can still see you! - and then we took a walk on the Downs and saw a red kite take off from the ground and do a bit of lazy gliding, they are huge close up :D

Good luck Lewis! I meant to say I went on an owl experience last year and the highlight was having a Siberian owl on my arm, she was enormous, and rather flighty, there was a lot of her hanging upside down from the gauntlet, weighing a ton :D

I was bought up on wild rabbit - my family wouldnt eat now as we had pet ones. Townies :roll:

I have found a way to embarass my 14 yr son.

Yesterday was languishing in bed as you do (late start) and DS called "bye mum tell dad bye" - OH was in bathroom so told him L said bye. Then said without thinking" open window and CALL bye to him"

Now my husband being of Cypriot origin calls everyone in the family darling - sons, me, hens and cats - so he opens window and bellows (slightly deaf too) "BYE DARLING" :shock:

two minutes later front door is flung open and a very cross voice said "why did you do that why?"

the walk to school is past our house so no doubt the whole street heard. I was hysterical with laughter and was told this morning NOT to go near a window and to keep dad away. :wink: