Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Feeling a bit :x

My daughter bought some things from a Japanese goodies shop over here but when they arrived, the 4 pack of Pocky were instead just a two pack. I've been emailing them today trying to get across it wasn't her fault they hadn't updated their website when the supplier had stopped doing the 4 pack. They have offered her either a refund or a £2 online voucher. So she either doesn't get to try the flavour, or she has to spend more money, that she doesn't have, to spend it with them :? Not the best customer service I've experienced.

Had a breast lump biopsy yesterday so sore today. Results next week. Doc thought it was a fibroadenoma (benign) but until i know I will be bricking it. Uncles funeral on Thurs so will be glad when January is over. Positive thoughts and breathe.

Feel for you as been there. Fingers crossed that it is all clear. And sorry about your uncle.

I didn't realise your Uncle had died either, I am sorry, you and your Aunt must be so sad :( I've been there with the anxiety as well, so sending you extra good vibes. I spent the time between examination and results keeping busy and reflecting on all the good bits of life. When you come out the other side, celebrate :D

Fingers crossed for you Ali

Sorry to hear about your uncle too

I got back to Uni at 2am yesterday morning and passed my last ever Anatomy credit test today :D

Just have the Final in a few weeks and then that's Anatomy done and we move onto Pathological Anatomy!

Thanks everyone and good luck Lewis.

He died in a lovely hospice in Leicester on 26th Dec. We got to my aunts and she was in pieces as she'd just heard. Drove her to the hospice. I cant say he had a nice death - he suffered bless him. Trouble is with dying at any holiday time you wait ages for the funeral. I dont begrudge people their time off. You cant settle till its over. I didnt post for about 2 weeks as didnt want to dampen others Christmas times and didnt feel up to posting. But I did keep an eye on you all make sure you were behaving :wink:

Thank you for your good wishes.

I am so glad I said goodbye to him the last time I saw him. I think I knew deep down I wouldnt see him again.

Anyway thank you again - you are such nice people I am proud to belong to such a nice forum. Frankly anyone who likes chickens cant be bad. :D

Two great charity shop bargains yesterday. Two Mary Berry at Lakeland push pan sandwich cake tins not sure if new but if not inky used once £1.99 each. Also bought 4 Le Crueset cast iron dishes, I have never seen them before they are oval greyish white and individual gratin or pie sized. £8.75 for the 4.

Funeral went well if funerals can go well. My aunt wobbled a bit when we were in the he"Ooops, word censored!" following coffin but was fine when I held her hand. My dad sniffed thro the service - I handed him a tissue and he said loudly "i've got one" :wall: I despare I hate sniffing, Despite that and a handbag full of cereal bars in case he had a turn it was fine.

Glad to be home. Tonight YS and OH at cinema and the phone rang - my friends alarm was going off and as a key holder she wanted me to pop round. Drove round to find 2 blokes standing there. I eyed them up and down and then realised they were concerned neighbours. Me armed with my biggest brolly and neighbour checked out the house - couldnt find anything amiss - 6 policemen - yes 6 and a dog arrived to sniff out any one (the dog - policedman arent that clever) and declared it safe to lock up. Locked up and turned to find OH and YS had read my note I had left on table and had arrived armed with huge spirit level as a weapon. Police looked at them suspiciously. I got off for going in house. Hye ho and back in time for Corried