Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Sorry to read that you have not found your cat yet. A year or so ago friends of ours lost theirs along with a number of others in the village sadly they were never seen again.

DM sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time at the moment. Hope Rosie is OK after her fall.

This afternoon I went out in the wind and rain to collect eggs. 4 lovely eggs and on the way back into the house I managed to trip over. I am so cross I broke all of the eggs and now bits of me are bruised and sore. But thank goodness the eggs were the only thing that was broken.

Chrissie

Done that glad you are only bruised and nothing apart from eggs broken. I waded - yes waded across our lawn today - I am not sure anything will grow in my veg plots this year as I am sure it will take months to dry out esp London clay. Hope you are ok Clare - not nice when bad luck comes in bucket loads. Geiod - hope moggy turns up - years ago OH live near Brent X - rumours of cats being catnapped for medical research in Mill Hill medical labs was never proven esp after loads of kitties disappeared. We think the road got them and they crawled away to die. You do read of mad cat ladies and other weird things. Might still turn up - we had given up hope on our lad. Hes not stopped getting shut in garages or cupboards :roll: i despair of him. OH and YS suspect a lad from 2 doors down had locked him in somewhere as he was very cagey when they called round and refused to look in their outhouses. They tried to go back when parents were there but never got an answer. fingers X for you. Ali x

OH is manopausal - hes decided to try and regrow his beard. He had one when I met him in 1985 - designer beard he called it (very Goerge Michael - think when he was young handsome and with it) - OH looks rather scruffy and I have said I wont kiss him as brings me out in a chin rash :lol: - you have to laugh at them dont you - otherwise you'd cry. :cry:

Ha ha my OH is also manopausal. He decided he was going to get a motorbike. Thankfully the kids said they would never speak to him again,so he got a . . . .guitar.A classical one with a bird in a pale colour on that plastic bit. It looks like a budgie though I am sure it is supposed to be a dove. This guitar stands on a stand in MY living room and only lifted when I am on phone or trying to watch something on telly. Men. . .at least the motorbike would have got him out.

This is a little video I made of our walk along bit of Thames Path. Possibly the worst bit and at some point we did end up in a huge building site. We couldn't be bothered to retrace our steps so we just strode across.

A very good reason to always carry an emergency clipboard!

It was a fun walk though. We haven't walked the bit between Tower Bridge and Cutty Sark so that is planned for March.

We caught the river bus back from O2 which is how I got the picture of the Golden Hind's bottom.

Thames Path

Wondered if any of you had ventured out to see the Dads Army film? Obviously never be as good as original but was a feel good film with a good cast. OH and I enjoyed it and the adding of wives I think was an excellent idea. Mrs Mainwaring bossy and stout was exactly as imagined and nice to see "real women" with exception of Zeta Jones who have aged naturally. Sarah Lancashire in a comedy role is good for a change as she seems to play dark roles. Be warned the outtakes right at the end are funny so sit thro the credits as they are very funny. Not sure why they didnt keep them in the film. One of the Omlet bloggers pointed out these and we would have left if she hadnt as they are unexpected.

Absolutely horrible day -my first patients were late for appointment and got right hump when I was busy seeing someone who was on time. Are going to make a complaint - I told them to do so. Then complained to my boss about them first. Some people dont deserve health care. Fed up with it all.

Went to a rare breed poultry auction this morning. I didn't really plan to buy anything but there was a white bantam araucana who I'd have really liked, and a barred Plymouth Rock bantam who looked like a real sweetie. I set myself a price limit though and when the Araucana went over it I walked away.

I know it was the right thing to do because I'd need another house, but I wish they'd come home with me!

I've been to a few auctions, normally just to look but have bought hatching eggs and birds in the past.

I always avoid the 'normal' weekly auctions and go to the Rare Breeds auctions like mullethunter went to; the graded ones are even better as birds are judged and carded before being sold.

Always make sure to quarantine new birds, especially from an auction.

Absolutely horrible day -my first patients were late for appointment and got right hump when I was busy seeing someone who was on time. Are going to make a complaint - I told them to do so. Then complained to my boss about them first. Some people dont deserve health care. Fed up with it all.

How frustrating! And how typical of some people these days - they were late and it was YOUR fault :wall:

Why do some people seem to think the whole world is there to serve them and to be at their beck and call? I could rant for ages about this, it's a real bug bear of mine :evil::evil:

Why do I do things like this?!?

I've just looked at the report of the poultry auction I went to - I knew the Araucana I wanted sold for £18, but I wanted to see how much the little barred Plymouth Rock bantie went for. Now I'm absolutely gutted because she didn't sell. That means no one even wanted her for £5 and she was such a sweet little thing. She was in a cage on her own but she seemed completely unfazed by everything and was having a dustbath in her bedding!

I so wish I'd stayed now because I would definitely have bought her if no-one else wanted her. Very sad :(

Note to self - DON'T LOOK BACK

I loved the songs from Jersey Boys but it didn't really have a story, best bit was the full company on stage for the finale!

Had a great weekend at uni at the Student to Vet careers weekend. We had vets from Budapest/USA and a graduate from here who opened her own practice after 2.5 years!

Lots of very useful information :D