Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

That sounds like fun Daphne 8) I recently organised a team activity at work, and set up a falconry day at a local centre, where we learned all about the birds, and learned how to handle and fly them. I'd really love to hunt with a hawk and my dogs; that would be amazing.

One day 8)

Earlier in the week I took our 3 Harris' Hawks to the uni game rearing and wildlife rehab centre as they've opened new rehabilitation aviaries and a clinic for wildlife. We flew them and took lots of photos which people seemed to appreciate.

They breed and rear 25,000 melanistic, leucistic and Reeves pheasant each year as well as mouflon, roe deer and even llama!

Eek, I'm 50 today!

Not quite sure how this crept up on me so quickly... I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up! :shock:

Had some lovely presents so far- a regurgitated mouse on the kitchen floor and a dirty protest in the pup's cage :roll:

Onwards and upwards though, going for a walk and a picnic on the beach and a meal out tonight :D

Well I dont think OH and I are grown up and I'll tell you why. Having a glut of egg :dance: for once I boiled us 2 each for lunch with soldiers (bread not men in green suits :wink: ) I was realising that I really should look at getting some new egg cups as mine was in a Postman Pat egg cup (sons are 20 and 14) :shock: and OH's was in a Tom Kitten one. I told OH this and he looked at me all wide eyed (hes 60) and whispered "but i like Postman Pat" so not sure where we go from here. :think:

And a proud mummy moment - YS had been to meet a friend on the bus and got chatting to a lad a bit older than him with Downs syndrome who seemed a bit lost. Son helped him out and the lad hugged him and went off happy. My lovely boy was touched. So was I but I do worry that it might not have been my son but someone horrible who might not have been so nice to this lad. Why do we always think this. Why dont nice kids get recognised - instead all we read about are the nasty evil ones. Well I am proud.

And a proud mummy moment - YS had been to meet a friend on the bus and got chatting to a lad a bit older than him with Downs syndrome who seemed a bit lost. Son helped him out and the lad hugged him and went off happy. My lovely boy was touched. So was I but I do worry that it might not have been my son but someone horrible who might not have been so nice to this lad. Why do we always think this. Why dont nice kids get recognised - instead all we read about are the nasty evil ones. Well I am proud.

Well done him :clap:

I agree that youngsters get a hard rap, most of them are lovely. My YD found a 10 pound note in Primark yesterday, she didn't know whether to hand it in to the shop or just keep an eye out for anyone looking like they had lost something, she rang us to ask our opinion then she spotted a couple of women looking through bags and purses, she asked them if they had lost something and they said 'yeah a tenner' she handed it over and barely got a thank you :shock::(

Ive just found out someone I was at school with was found dead in her home yesterday after not turning up for work. I wasn't close to her and only really got to know her a bit more these past few years via facebook, but it is still a shock. She was only 44 :( No news as to what happened, but her poor family.

Just been outside to see glow-worms 

:mrgreen:

I'm away for work tonight. Got a text from my mum (who's living with us whilst her leg heals) to say 'Did you tell the chickens you were going away? OH is chasing them around the garden!

Somehow a bit of the fence had come down and 3 of 4 had escaped into the non chicken bit of the garden! OH had put the Pekins back in but the Wyandotte was having none of it :lol:

Smudge, our ginger cat, was poking about in the chicken run when we were all outside this afternoon. He went up the Eglu Go run to have a look in the Eglu, but he didn't realise Bernadette the pekin was in there having just laid her egg. She's usually pretty laid back and the cats and chickens know each other. We knew he may make her jump, but we were very surprised at what happened next! Smudgie got almost to the Eglu, when Bernie came absolutely flying out with both her wings held out to make herself look bigger and screeching her head off at him! Poor Smudgie - I've never seen him move so fast! Nearly flattened Penny who had to vertical take off to go over him, and went headlong through the hedge at absolute breakneck speed! Don't think he'll be back in there anytime soon :lol:

:lol::lol: Silly chickens and cat!

iPoes was chasing off Red the tomcat and somehow Nutmeg was stuck in between them at the garden door. She flew up squawking her head of and ended up in my living room. :roll:

She did decide laminate floors are not possible to walk on. Much too slippery! :lol:

Poor Smudgie!

My silly tabby, Bert, was always desperate to get into the nestbox whilst I was poo picking the run.

He had such a ticking off one day. Minnie was interrupted whilst in full broody mode and screamed in fury at him. He leapt down the ladder and shot up the nearest tree :lol:

He's not so keen to get in there these days :talk2hand:

Bizarre situation yesterday. ES stranded in Malawi as a result of the Kenyan Pilot's strike. Unable to get hold of anyone by phone for info and he was on the road travelling from no man's land for 6 hours. Finally at 12 midnight manages to arrange new flights on Facebook!! :shock: Now on the long journey home via all sorts of different countries that he will only see from tarmac through the windows of a plane.