Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Its fine (re her name) :D

It is much flatter. There is a bit of a hill near the uni, but nothing she can't cope with. I'll get her to report the shower, but I can't imagine they can do anything about it. She also had Cambridge as a choice last year, but it really is not wheelchair friendly, even though it is flat. Not just the cobbles; narrow doorways, narrow paths outside between the buildings.

OH took ES back to Bristol uni last night. They stayed at a hotel then went to his flat to drop off his stuff. Having breakfast at hotel my son noticed a plump middle-aged English woman nudging her husband ,whispering and looking their way. He decided not to ask her what her problem was ( I would), however my son thought that they might 've been mistaken for a same sex couple. I hate to think what she's have thought if it was me and ES! So to this woman I say -you need to get out more love and get a life. What is the world coming too?

I am most gutted. Tickets for Van Morrison concert here in Belfast went on sale 9am. Here I am sitting phone and iPad to hand. Phone engaged but hey got two tkts and 6 mins to complete booking. It was faffy as I had to register on site. Halfway through was told tkts unavailable. Two mins after process started. I am so cross. That was local venues website. I am sorry I didn't use ticket master.

:oops: update. The site kept saying tkts unavailable so I assumed ( and we all know what that means ) that they were sold out.I emailed concert hall saying how disappointed I was with their site. Reply 11.30 apologising and saying there were still tkts available. Phoned and got two on upper tier. Sorry I didn't keep phoning , but yippee going to see Van the man. I hope he's in good form,as he can be quite moody.

Enjoy! I saw him once in an outdoor venue with my dad. It was meant to be a present for my mum and dad but she was ill so last minute, my dad asked me. I was actually at tne gym and he came walking in and I was mightly confused! Such a good night, esp as it was something I wouldnt have even thought of doing with my dad. Sitting in the car at the end, having a coffee from a flask waiting for the cars to start clearing a bit was lovely :D

OH and I had planned a very well-behaved day of working on the bike and prepping the garden for autumn but we felt uninspired this morning so we summoned the twins and went to Buckinghamshire Steam Railway which had a rally thing going on.

It was lovely, very crazily British and we travelled on steam trains and the miniature rail, ate hotdogs and watched men manfully sawing logs powered only by giant steam engines. I feel very happy. Was anyone else there?

I listen to a Canadian Radio station and it's National Coffee Day so for no good reason they posed the question...would you rather make out with Donald Trump for 30 seconds or never drink coffee again, ever.

It was interesting that women said no way, they would give up coffee but men thought it was worth 30 seconds of pain so they could have their coffee.

I personally would give up coffee.

I'm not sure what that says about anything but it wasn't what I expected.

I am most gutted. Tickets for Van Morrison concert here in Belfast went on sale 9am. Here I am sitting phone and iPad to hand. Phone engaged but hey got two tkts and 6 mins to complete booking. It was faffy as I had to register on site. Halfway through was told tkts unavailable. Two mins after process started. I am so cross. That was local venues website. I am sorry I didn't use ticket master.

It is always worth making sure you have an account and are logged in with any of these things and lap tops and PCs tend to be quicker too. We had this buying tickets for Wimbledon people's Sunday and lost out on tickets for our local literature festival because the site kept crashing.

I had a busy weekend looking after 5 dogs! I walk two of the Uni dogs every weekend but also had extra's as my Norwegian friends had an event on so I stayed at their apartment. We went for a 3 hour walk around the park, dug holes and went swimming :D

Gary is back home tired after doing the ironing:

CrxwU-NWAAQHQf6.jpg