Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

My ED has got her first real job as a grown up, working as a Admin/secretary in a large legal practice. She has a law degree and wants to work in a practice for a year before she decides whether or not to do her Legal Practice Course. She went for a law degree as a solid academic degree but was adamant that she didn't want to be lawyer, but enjoyed it so much she is now considering a law career. This is a fixed 12 month contract so fits the bill perfectly. :D

That's my understanding too. Rosie has just sent off for her provisional licence, I have been teaching her in my car on private land as she's not yet insured on mine. I have a feeling that it will be expensive as mine is a 2 litre 4x4 :roll:

She is talking about using some money saved in a trust for her future to buy a car... I have advised that this would be foolish as she hasn't even had any formal lessons yet, and a car is just a waste of money. It is her money now, and at the end of the day, if it is gone, then it is gone..... I can only advise

You're higher risk as you've just passed you'll be out on your own and not with another passenger.

That makes (some) sense. I had another look at getting insured on my dad's car (cost him the grand total of £300), £2999 a year! What am I going to do, write his car off 10 times?! :lol:

At what age do you become a grown up? I ask because I think me and OH may have missed out :notalk:

OH purchased some cones for YS to practice his football skills on the lawn. Nice afternoon yesterday so spotted the cones on the patio table and decided much to the disgust of the boys to lark around.

Firstly put 2 to my chest and did a fair imitation of Madonnas like a virgin - clad in my cone pointy bra :roll:

OH snotted and put one on his head and clowned around and then did a fair imitation of a duck with it as a beak :notalk:

Not to be outdown I put 2 on my head and grabbed the sweeping brush and said "welcome to Hell"

We were helpless with laughter and YS grabbed his cones and in hi best Kevin voice said "you 2 are soooo embarasssing"

Us never. We are 60 and 53 and very grown up - not :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As they say, "growing old is compulsory, growing up is entirely optional"!!!!!!

If it helps, I am 44 and was told recently by a very straight laced 8 year old that I'm "very childish".

In my job, many people have their sense of humour surgically removed at an early stage - I've refused to do that - and to some extent feel like a square peg in a round hole, but what's wrong with being in touch with your inner child, I say?!!? You carry on having fun with football cones and whatever else floats your boat!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

You're higher risk as you've just passed you'll be out on your own and not with another passenger.

That makes (some) sense. I had another look at getting insured on my dad's car (cost him the grand total of £300), £2999 a year! What am I going to do, write his car off 10 times?! :lol:

Its more the damage you could do to other drivers ;)

I had to laugh this morning (I know I shouldn't) I witnessed a 'selfie induced injury' :roll: As I walked the dogs, I stopped off to buy a newspaper, and watched a small group of young Japanese tourists walking along, all with long sticks in front of them, bearing their mobile phones; they were all looking into and talking to their phones as they walked. One of them tripped up and fell on the ancient cobbles in front of the church, she hadn't seemed incapacitated previously and was young, but floundered around on the floor while her friends watched her, and didn't put their sticks/phones down to help her. I walked over to help her up as her friends were flapping around.

Had they spoken any English, I would have pointed out that they might want to look where they are going. :roll:

It was like some scene out of an odd scifi movie, with people living their lives remotely via their mobile devices :shock:

Just come back from a weeks fishing trip in Rosscarbery just outside Cork (in Cork county), Ireland.

The fishing was good but the week was made by stunning scenery, lovely people and a lovely laid back attitude to life.

I couldn't recommend the area of West Cork highly enough for anyone wanting a fishing / walking holiday.

Back from a weekend in Ukraine - not something you hear every day, I know ;)

It was completely different to Slovakia, like stepping back 50 years with lots of old cars and buses, so was really good to see and I couldn't believe how cheap everything was; we went for a two course meal in the castle with drinks, for £7 a head!

I struggled with the language (different alphabet) and the border controls took ours (literally) so won't be rushing back but I'm glad we went.

Possibly you should come to Portugal Lewis....7 euro a head for cheapie eats locally and enough old cars to recreate Life on Mars :lol:

Having said all that, it must have been quite special to go to Ukraine, when they are at such an important point in their history, I admire that :D

Went to see DD ( age 20) play football yesterday. Proud mum moment when she scored :D , left footed as well 8) So proud of her because she fractured her spine in two places at the beginning of the year in an horrific car accident. A scary few months for her and the family as we waited for her to heal and make a full recovery.