Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Had a lovely bouquet of flowers from a patient yesterday - I used to see him for his dressing before my official start time. Its nice to be appreciated. The receptionists and nurses thought I had a secret admirer - I wish. I am surprised they didnt steam the card open :lol:

Out of the mouths of babes or 16 year olds, what do they teach them these days?. My YD was just asked what IRA stood for and she said Irish we added Republican and she added Antigens where did she get this from. I think it was the first A word that same I to her head but it did make me laugh. There was I trying to educate her to political history and she just reduced me to tears. How can you roll that she is revising biology at the moment? :roll:

Have got OH's stinking cold. Feel absolutely bunged up and very nasal. Ran a beetle drive last night at church we raised £152 which is brilliant. Oh well - drugged up with paracetamol and ibruprofen. I think an afternoon watching TV and early to bed order of the day.

Went to St Albans cathedral today just to get out of London. I love cathedrals, lit a candle - sat and took it all in. Some peace in a mad world. OH and I have have both been stressed with work, family things so nice to do nothing today. Had lunch in cathedral cafe. Then came home and nearly finished WIR. We had to giggle in the cathedral - all this history and what do we see behind an altar - 2 Henry hoovers and a mop and bucket. Further down ye olde English tea urn. :lol:

Its very sad, you are not the only one who worries when loved ones are due to travel long distances by air ,road or train. Two colleagues are due to fly this weekend. Ones a nervous flyer like me. Tried to reassure. I always worry about my ES when he flys off on lads hols. He often forgets to text hes arrived. I maintain no news is good news. Thoughts with the bereaved. :(

Awful news.

I saw footage of the wreckage and it all looked to be tiny bits so at least it was instant rather than being caught in fires etc.

Two friends from my last degree visited this week and we had a great time, mainly eating, drinking and a trip to the zoo.

A bit of drama over our way on Saturday.... I was getting ready to go down the road and could hear a helicopter circling very low overhead, thinking 'ruddy police again', I walked out of the front door to go to town just as the Air Ambulance landed in the park at the bottom of my road - about 100 yards away!

They were attending a house 2 streets away from me, but I still haven't found out what the incident was. Rumour around town is that it was a stabbing :shock: Chopper was still there an hour later.

We had a fantastic weekend here at uni with a student organised Behaviour Conference with three of the world expert veterinary behaviourists.

I was on the organising committee so got to spend an extra two days with the speakers either side of the weekend and learnt so much that made sense but that I wouldn't have ever thought of including the importance of a puppies first vaccination appointment shaping behaviour (aggression) for the rest of its life.

We had lots of lectures with case studies, practical clicker training sessions and goody bags full of stuff.

Best of all, my brother booked me flights home for Easter so I'm flying back to London tomorrow afternoon! :D