Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Just bought my travel insurance online, retrieved from a quote I did a few weeks ago. I could have sworn I'd mentioned my daughters JIA in the medical bit, but nothing has come up. The question is, do I risk phoning up to add it and have my policy cost doubled, or do I leave it? She isn't going to need any treatment whilst away, and it has never caused any problems serious enough to need emergency treatment at a&e before, and is being kept under control by her meds (which we aren't taking with us) :anxious:

I found a mobile phone this morning while I was out with the dogs... just a cheap Nokia, but in the middle of nowhere, so unlikely to be found again by the owner. I had a look through the contacts - they all seemed to be in Polish - tried to text the last person they'd received a text from to ask them to get the owner to contact me on my mobile, but they'd run out of credit and it wouldn't send. Ended up texting from my phone and he replied. The chap has just been to collect it, and he bunged me a fiver!! He was very sweet an apologetic at having put me to any trouble... restores my faith in folks. 8)

Edited by Guest

Once found a women's handbag in the middle of a shopping street. Just lying there on the ground.

Looked in the contacts of the phone and phoned "mom". Got a very confused lady on the phone, but sounded very grateful and came racing over on her bicycle. Wanted to give me 50 euro :shock: . I didn't accept it. I was just glad that her daughter got her bag back.

Driving home from Tescos this morning in the rain and entered the slow lane and saw what I thought was a body without head or limbs - but it was thankfully a beige skin coloured manequin of all things. Wonder how many calls the police had about that from poorly sighted drivers. :lol: Must admit I was rather taken aback - as a nurse most of the bodies I've seen have been intact thank goodness. :shock:

Great start to the new term. The alarm clock battery decided that this was the morning it would run out of charge! No alarm, DS didn't think to knock on my door as he was up at 7.30 and I usually am up and knocking on his door at 7 am. AND he only boiled enough water to make himself a cup of tea!!! I make everyone one every term time morning so was a little bit miffed :( Just been to Waitrose where there were no bargains :( so am having a cup of coffee before taking on the house.

ED has just heard from Cambridge Uni and sadly hasn't got a place :( She seems a little disappointed but is being pragmatic about it. There were 5 applicants per place, and they had the highest amount of applicants since the 70's :shock: Never mind, she has had two offers already so two more to go which are both from her top choices, just feel disappointed for her, but at least she got an interview which loads of people don't even get the chance for.

Oh, sorry to hear that Karin.

My niece heard the other day that she hadn't been offered a place at Oxford either. She enjoyed the experience though and made some friends during the interview process so she's not too down about it.

She hadn't pinned all her hopes on getting to Oxford so she still has options open to her.

Best wishes to your ED... such an achievement to get an interview anyway! :D

Sorry to hear about Uni places, I've done it twice and the waiting to hear is never nice!

Just back from 4 days in Dublin with my brother and two best friends. Many a pint of Guinness was consumed and I loved the Natural History Museum and Kilmainham Jail 8)

Sounds nasty, my mum did something similar about 5 years ago and had to have surgery to mend her shoulder. She has made a good recovery can do most things with her arm, not good with heavy things and struggles to fasten her bra though. I hope that your MIL makes a good recovery and isn't in too much pain.