Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Why am I suddenly so popular at work ... it couldn't have anything to do with certain people wanting a lift to the office Christmas lunch next week, could it (they couldn't have figured out that, as I don't drink, if I give them a lift they can have a few festive drinks, could they?). I'm delighted to give people a lift - and oddly enough already have a car full, I'm just not too thrilled about people who don't speak to me at any other time of the year suddenly becoming my best buddy when they want something. :anxious:

The thing is, I genuinely don't mind giving lifts, I've got three definite passengers, plus 1 possible, plus someone else who wants to come if anyone else cancels. Fine with all of that, what bothers me is people who wouldn't normally give me the time of day assuming I'll give them a lift. I have emailed one particular "offender" and said "sorry, you're too late" or words to that effect, she's asked me to bear her in mind if anyone else cancels. I think she's genuinely quite narked. Perhaps I should suggest my employers hire a minibus, then I can give EVERYONE a lift.

Sorry, I'm feeling distinctly scrooge-like today :oops:

Bramble - I would get a motorbike - problem solved - having said that I saw a whole family plus dog on a moped in Cyprus :shock: Doubt it would be allowed in UK. My gripe of day - I know a lot of you like onesies. I personally am not keen - can remember all in one PJ's first time round. My ES has one - I was trying to get YS a dressing gown for Christmas - eventually found one in M&S but in short supply. As a lady of a certain age onesies are not practical as too hot when in bed and as for going to the loo - ooh far to chilly on top half in middle of the night. Might try one when I am 80 if the water works are ok :lol:

On a related note, most of us at home have been driving for 5 years and one friend has had lifts everywhere we've been - pub, cinema, days out, festivals etc.

She passed her driving test a couple weeks ago so we said now she can finally give us all a lift to the pub when we're back for Christmas, her reply was "Well no because I'll want to have a drink too..." :notalk::shameonu:

:lol: I can see that, reading back through it :oops: I feel a sense of relief getting it on there; that table was bought as a stop-gap when the ex walked out with the old one. It is a lovely table, but not really my style. A friend has one which is though and they are storing it for me until I can sell this one, I already have some lovely Victorian chairs from an auction to go with it. Hopefully someone will want a new table for Christmas.

Really must get that mending done... won't be selling that sewing machine - my grandma left it to me and it's brilliant!

Thoughts please for Phil and his folks; as some of you know, P has been combining his freelance illustration work with looking after his father who is gravely ill with heart failure. This morning he found his mum had collapsed.... she is diabetic and has always managed it well, but with the stress and worry, we think she may have missed an insulin dose.

She is in hospital, rather poorly and not lucid; J is in her mid-80s and frail these days, so it could go either way :(

Poor Phil... all that worry.

Edited by Guest