Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Yesterdays lesson went really well thanks! :D

Today's with the 7-9 year olds was another story - half the class were great, the others were unruly and wouldn't listen to what I was saying. Then my next lesson was with their School Director who after I'd waited around for 30mins had left school and wasn't having a lesson!? :roll:

I stopped at the mall for beer and crisps on the way home and I've emailed my boss to say I'm not very happy... :lol:

OH is seriously allergic to bee-stings and carries an epi-pen, he is a keen cyclist and these are a must-carry for him. Last week he got stung, but took 2 anti-histamines and no drama, thank goodness. Yesterday he got stung by a wasp - if you are allergic to bees you shouldn't be allergic to wasps apparently. He swelled up at the sting site, but hung around a town with a hospital in case of worse occurring. All was fine till he got home for a shower and discovered he was covered in a rash which is a sign of a reaction. He was still pretty calm, 2 more anti-histamines, and I tried to appear normal and calm (I can tell you I wasn't). He awoke in the night with itchy palms which is also a sign of reaction. And a couple of hours ago we discovered the sting site swelling has spread. He is going to be OK, but its frightening how close we are to something bad, in the midst of life...and all that. :pray:

PL - I am sure your lad will be OK. I'm a great believer that things will turn out alright, despite this posting.

Gah! Such a frustrating day....

TV packed up on Friday, so ended my once a week hour's viewing; bloke was supposed to be out at 6pm this evening to fix it, didn't turn up so I left him a message that I would be in until 6.30pm, then I had to go out. No reply from him, but I have just called again and got an answer........... they had been busy and *might* be able to get here tomorrow evening :roll: now I really don't care if it's fixed or not, although madam might, but why on earth didn't they ring me if they knew they wouldn't be able to make it?

Mail; the postie popped card through my door on Saturday saying that he'd left a parcel with next door, nothing unusual in that, knocked next door and they've not seen it, so I phoned the local sorting office (where I know most of the staff) and my postie is adamant that he left it there with the 'blonde teenage girl'. Knocked again next door, still denying it, so I have asked the postie to speak to them tomorrow when he is next on rota :roll:

Aaaaand... someone keeps ringing me from a 'private number', ringing off before i can answer it and not leaving a message - what's that all about? I keep my phone on silent at work, so don't always realise that it is ringing.

Oh well, it's another day tomorrow 8)

Glad you heard from son Patsy, glad you remained in control of the little terrors Lewis and hope you got the telly fixed Clare. I did a mega clean of hen house and under roosting bars found a family of mice not appreciative of their roof being removed. Vaguely remember some one posting re finding and animal family under their Eglu not sure if mice or some other creature. I got the bars on the lawn to jet clean and suddenly found a large spider was on my shoulder heading for my cleavage ( warm day in strappy top) dont like spiders esp ones who look like they might bite and didnt fancy a bitten boob so screeched loudly for OH who was engrossed in work and didnt hear my cries. Managed to dislodge beast before he decended into my bra and heaved a sigh of relief. :shock: Not sure if cut out for outdoor life. I suspect I walked into spiders web and this was his revenge. :anxious:

OMG I cannot take anymore -YS and OH watching footie and the air is blue " :silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced: blah blah - I could do better" shouts YS

- I think not hes full of cold and wrapped sniffly and coughing in his duvet. OH is no better "bleep bleep " Even with ear plugs I can hear the cussing. What is it with men and football - if you can do better why are you effing and blinding in my house and not out there kicking the ball. Why didnt I have a daughter? Why do I live in a house of testosterone. Heeeeeelp. I will go and talk to the cat shes female. Feel my pain. :(

Anyone else been feeling glum with this horrid weather?

Cheered myself up yesterday by buying a couple of new pullets - bantam Welsummer and a millefleur pekin; very sweet and currently enjoying their quarantine in the old eglu classic. I've been gradually running down my stock over the last couple of years - just through natural wastage as some of the old girls die off, although I still have a couple which are over 7 years old now. I'm looking around and picking out what I want to expand the flock with, and to get back up to numbers.

Sounds like a lovely way to cheer yourself up. We have quite often bought pullers in September time, but not this year, we would have way too many eggs for three people :(

My oldest lady is approaching 8 years old, she is a pure breed light Sussex and she laid lovely eggs for about 3 months this year :D

Sunday night, we were just settling down to watching various things. I was watching The Descendent's (good film btw) and hubby was on his computer. Phone rings, no one there. Phone rings again, mother in law asking will you Please! answer the phone. Rings again, she is more hysterical, it's really quite serious, please answer the phone. Next time it rings hubby answers the phone and apparently his dad is dead or dying and she has no money. And she hangs up.

Now, before you all think we are awful, awful people, they are both drunks, living in the south of France and it is a regular occurrence of her phoning us drunk and rambling. So we no longer answer the phone, or rather screen calls.

Anyway, several phone calls around, as hubby can't get through on the number they have given us, to see if anyone else has heard anything, but no. He has been trying to phone several times a day since then and no one there.

So this evening, hubby tries phoning around family again to get hold of any other numbers, and we are given a new phone number, and he finally gets through to his parents! His dad had had an accident, and hurt his knee, but he was very much alive and as well as can be expected. His mum however, doesn't seem to think what she did was wrong, and has said well next time he is dying she won't phone us!!! Thinking about it now, she probably doesn't even remember phoning us :roll: Just drives me mad :x