Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Horribly sad news yesterday. An 85 year old lady was attacked and stabbed in her home not far from us last week. It turned out to be a friend of mine's mother-in-law. Her poor husband found her (he'd only popped out to the shops). Sadly, she has died from her injuries. They have caught the man that did it, thankfully. He's only 23.

That is so very sad :( Poor lady and her family.

Despite having a lovely stay away at the weekend, and the weather being gorgeous, I am feeling right in the doldrums today. Suddenly set in last night and I just can't be bothered to do anything :( Hope it doesn't last as I am not really liking my own company at the moment, and neither are my family.

Bluekarin, that suits you today. Maybe you need some cheer up chocolate. I feel like that a lot in the summer, it doesn't cheer me like it does other people.

On Monday we had another stunning thunderstorm here, it knocked out broadband for quite a large area and we got it back today. MS was on way to first day of new job, it's a half hour drive at it's best but he was so nervous he left two hours early. The chaos and flooding caused by the storm meant he got there half an hour late!!

Not the best start but they were fine.

He's just done his first ever supermarket delivery and phoned me to tell me. Again, he was very nervous, driving an HGV around London isn't something that I would want to do. Few more hours and he'll have first day of experience under his belt.

Bluekarin I hope your mood has improved today OH is a bit down too DM may be right it must be in the stars.

PL I hope MS had a good day. I admire people who drive these big lorries a friend from archery goes all over the country and often rings me when he is waiting to get in somewhere to unload, Lots of the places he says he is going I wouldn't want to go in a car never mind an HGV :shock:

On the subject of cars, I am quite excited, no very excited off to collect my new car this morning. I am not a fan of driving but living out in the country it is a necessity.

Chrissie

Have fun with your new car, always exciting and nerve wracking driving a new car home. Only done it twice.

There is definitely a bad mood vibe going around at the moment. Chins up everyone.

I would be terrified to drive an HGV I have great respect for those brave enough. I would enjoy the solitude, listening to the radio etc but not the manoeuvring into tight spots and navigating narrow streets.

Thanks all :D I am feeling a little better. I think this mood dip is due to the contraceptive implant I have. It's been in about 6 months and every month is different, and I have noticed feeling a bit teary and down every month. I think I will start up the evening primrose and cod liver oil pills and see if that helps.

Chocolate does help depression I find. I heard on the news that waist measurements of over 35inches in a woman made her at risk of type 2 diabetes. I rushed to find measure - mines 35 !!! :shock: So I will not be consuming too much of the brown stuff. OH has gone from 40inches to 36 :dance: well done that man. Hope you are all feeling ok.

Just had a really scary dog walk.... this mad looking ENORMOUS Dogue de Bordeaux appeared round the corner on the footpath we were on; I called the hounds over and slipped them on the lead and it came at us. Not a full on attack, but snarling and growling, I am well used to dogs and they don't scare me but this one did!

I yelled for an owner, but none appeared, it was wearing an enormous choke chain, and no tags :evil: I was backed up against a tree, the dogs were protecting me, but scared themselves, and I was hunting for a stick in case it went straight for me, so that I could shove it down its throat. I had turned sideways, and was concentrating on not looking at it so I didn't appear confrontational.

Called the police, and they kept me on the line while it lunged at us and they mobilised their guys, the boys in blue eventually arrived with 2 dog poles, a shovel, fire extinguisher and CS gas. they got it in the van in the end... dogs and I are badly shaken but unhurt.

I have asked them to let me know what happens after the change in the Dangerous Dogs Act. How can anyone not know that something that size had disappeared from their garden???!!!!

I didn't feel brave! I know dogs and am not scared of them, but this thing was enormous and not at all happy :shock: Thank goodness the police arrived when they did - it seemed like ages, but I checked my phone logs just now and they were on the line to me for 10 mins before the men showed up.

My dogs were scared themselves but kept it away from me, even Ruby, who can be an "Ooops, word censored!"y moo at times was shaking. :(

With the change in the Dangerous Dogs Act, I wonder if the owner will be charged.

This is what it looked like!

Lomas6369_dogue-de-bordeaux-a2013816101443.jpg