Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Claireabella - I think I remember you having to do a presentation, you were a bit nervous, but it all went very well. You are obviously very talented. Well Done :D

Patsylabrador - not so keen on Haim, but KofL are fab fab fab. Lots of loud noise. Have fun 8)

Thank you :D . I ALWAYS get nervous whether it's presenting a poster at a conference or giving a full presentation to an audience but I am very passionate about my area of research which is based broadly around mental health problems and I always hope that this shows through (rather than the nerves!).

Have a fab time Patsylabrador! :D

Well done on the research poster! :D

Went down to London yesterday for my weight loss photoshoot, stayed overnight and went to West End Live in Trafalgar Square this afternoon :D

I haven't seen the photos yet but will let you know how they look :lol:

You can't see them, I barely could, but Haim are on stage. They did their hour long set including Fleetwood Mac which was brilliant. I really liked the other two support acts although I need to find out their names. Don't strike me down but I didn't stay for KOL. We went for Haim and had had our fill. Is that very bad of me? :twisted:

The car park cost £20!!!!740b6790-fa4d-49a2-925b-71f14f03b116_zpso4m1thwn.jpg

There should be an arrow pointing to you but then of course you are taking the photo :doh: . Now pretty hacked off - went into town with OH to get my pain killing injection for my spine. Met the consultant - not impressed - first thing she wanted to know is how old I was (she had my notes on her desk with my DOB on) I suspect this was to see if I was a young looking 70 yr old or to see if senility had set in yet :lol: Long story short - I have to have another MRI despite her having the other on her screen (done 1 yr ago). I told her how the pain affected my life - had to give up youth group cos of lifing and gardening done in short spurts rather than long ones. I suspect if I said I was suicidal she'd have done it. Now to wait till October to see her again. Really fed up - next time I will lie. :liar:

Ali that sounds awful - I do wonder if doctors realise what a big deal things like this are for patients (it's just another day for them, I guess)?

Think I need to go to the doctor, the side of my face has been painful for a while now, it's now quite swollen and even more painful - trying to hold out in the hope whatever it is will get better by itself - do NOT like going to see doctors - scary people ... :(

Do you think it's an infection Bramble?

Don't know, I'm as sure as I can be it's not a dental problem (had enough of those to spot them when they happen :roll: ), very painful, not sure what it is, the pain's not getting worse, I don't think, it's just not getting any better, don't know if that points to an infection or not?

Not earache as such - pain's in front of my ear going down towards my mouth. Not sure if glands are swollen but pretty sure my cheek is, it's gets kind of stuck in my teeth if I open and close my mouth too much ... "Ooops, word censored!"ody's said my face looks swollen (haven't told anyone about the problem!) so I'm assuming it doesn't, but it feels very swollen if that makes sense

I would go and get it checked out, just to be on the safe side. You have glands in your cheeks which produce saliva and these can get blocked and swell. If it is blocked, that would explain why there is a sort of pain going up to your ear. I am sure it is nothing, but these things are best dealt with soon :)

Did anyone watch "Murdered by my boyfriend " on BBC3 the other night? It was based on a true story based on domestic violence. If I had teenage daughters I would seriously want them to view it. I suspect it will find its way into schools - not a bad thing in some respects. The guy is locked up as the violence as so extreeme.

Take it with a pinch of salt; at my last health check I was put down as having a sedentary lifestyle: I garden 1.7 acres using a large mower, commercial strimmer, rotavator etc, walk between 5 and 8 miles virtually everyday and barely ever seem to sit down for long - how did she work out I am sedentary :?

I purchased a stick on bra to wear under a dress today which has straps - I couldnt find my see thro straps and have left it too late to buy a new bra. Big mistake. Got a C/D cup as I'm not big but didnt want to be bouncing around :shock: frankly if you sweat which under synthetic material you do they fall off. i would end up with my boobs on my knees :lol: They look like stick on ears :shock: I have gone back to strapless bra and will breathe out a lot to keep it up. If you are up the West End of London and see a middleaged blonde fiddling with her boobs its me. I'm off to a 50th afternoon tea and confirmation this evening. Partee time.

Edited by Guest

Take it with a pinch of salt; at my last health check I was put down as having a sedentary lifestyle: I garden 1.7 acres using a large mower, commercial strimmer, rotavator etc, walk between 5 and 8 miles virtually everyday and barely ever seem to sit down for long - how did she work out I am sedentary :?

Good grief :shock: If you are sedentary then so am I. Remind me never to go for a health check :roll: