Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Reminds me of the time my MIL made Christmas lunch. It was delicious and my favourite bit was the spiced red cabbage. Unfortunately I said this several times and then it turned out she had bought it ready made as an afterthought :oops: I'm not sure who was more embarrassed :lol:

My Mum was one of 6 siblings. Unfortunately her last remaining sibling died on Saturday and is being cremated today. Feeling rather down in the dumps :(

Just seen the most amazing sight on my walk back form town... a local trucking boss was getting married, so the car park opposite the church was full of customised and classic/vintage trucks, the whole of the Banbury Cross area was queued up with trucks all sounding their horns in a salute. Everyone attending was dressed up like gypsy weddings... fantastic event!!!

Went to the boys old primary school fete. The theme was football what else? Just not the same as in my time - the plant stall had an honesty box and no prices or body on it and I had only a note and wanted change. We were in the canteen eating home cooked food which was nice and a load of Brazilain dancers appeared in fishnets, heels and feathery plumes on their bums. :shock: OH and most of the mens eyes were on stalks. OH started to choke on his jacket spud and I thought I might have to do Hemleich procedure - hissed at him to put his eyes in :shameonu: I was busy earwigging in on a rather large East European girl squeezed into very small shorts (wrong in so many ways)sitting opposite me being chatted up by an elderly English OAP.The converstaion went - him "what do you eat in Roumania?" (judging by her size everything I'd have thought) - her glancing at the baked beans on the table of fillings for jacket spuds "beans" - this sintilating conversation went on for a while - in the end she waddled off with OAP rushing along behind oggling her bottom. Tuts loudly - how times change not always for the best.

Certainly not the school fetes I remember. Was it altogether appropriate? Shouldn't the children have been putting some entertainment on? Oh crikey I sound old.

Driving back into London today passing lots of pubs with lots of red-faced men draped in the England flag. I'm not convinced they will be conscious at 11pm. I pity the police and ambulance crews tonight. That's going to be unpleasant.

I on the other hand had a most blissful day. Parked up the camper in Oxfordshire I think at a NT place and had a picnic. I could hear the wind in the trees, birds, insects, the occasional cow or sheep and some gentle nattering of humans. I could have stayed forever. I tried to text you all then but I couldn't get a signal.

Sounds idyllic. :D

We have been to the Royal Three Counties Show today, very hot and sticky, but the halls were all relatively cool and not too packed because everyone was outside sunning themselves. There were some great horse events in the arena, the mounted games were very fast and furious, not sure I would be able to watch if it were my children riding. :shock:

..............Parked up the camper in Oxfordshire I think at a NT place and had a picnic. I could hear the wind in the trees, birds, insects, the occasional cow or sheep and some gentle nattering of humans. I could have stayed forever. I tried to text you all then but I couldn't get a signal.

Which NT place were you at PL? If you couldn't get a signal, must've been around here! :lol:

Patsy we can grow old together on the forum :lol: your day sounds lovely :mrgreen: have you got one of he old type camper vans? If I win the lottery I am getting one and going round Europe with OH in our dotage :lol: I will avoid anywhere with scantily clad women :shock: The three counties show sound good too. Went to the Herts one 2 weeks ago and very dispapointed - hardly any chickens, very few goats and 2 whippets in a goat pen which didnt fool me - I know my whippets from my goats. OH who is in luvre with all things goaty was most upset. Brings out the Cypriot in him :lol:

We were at Chastleton House, truly a place that time forgot. I was looking at a quilt that is so intricate and the stitches so tiny, it took fifteen years to make.

We have a VW camper but a newer model. We love the split screens but they don't have enough grunt and we like to get from A to B as quickly as possible.

I've been at Gardeners World Live and The Good Food Show this weekend and having a great time.

We've got day old chicks, Belgian Bantams, Orpingtons and Brahma so everyone has loved seeing and interacting with the birds :D

My bro, SIL & 2 young daughters are touring round Europe for 3 months in a 15 year old camper they bought 2 weeks ago. They've had the roof 'extended', its a 3l diesel, no idea of make, but they are having a ball :D They are staying with us at the moment, and have complete freedom about deciding where to go next 8)