Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I do hope that it isn't a sign of our times that a teenager sees a man with a big knife and doesn't think it abnormal enough to call the police. Hopefully it was more of a case that her mind was full of prom dresses to be collected later. Glad that you are both ok, hope that he was found.

I do hope that it isn't a sign of our times that a teenager sees a man with a big knife and doesn't think it abnormal enough to call the police. Hopefully it was more of a case that her mind was full of prom dresses to be collected later. Glad that you are both ok, hope that he was found.

I think she was running at a cracking pace and not really taking it in. :roll:

The neighbour who phoned it in hasn't heard anything; I will email a friend on our local beat and ask for news. I wouldn't mind, but we live in a quiet Victorian street where everyone knows each other.

There are three Polish chaps who rent a house in our road, they are normally very peaceable, but a few years back, a fight broke out in the street between them and some other bloke. they had been drinking and were smashing against cars as they fought.

I called the police out and struggled downstairs as I had just had a hysterectomy :roll: the police had to bind one of them hand and foot before they could get him in the van as he was struggling so much.... :roll: I think it was more peaceful in south east London :lol:

I live in bromley which is SE London. My youngest son was mugged 3 times in 18 months....not one of the CCTV cameras were working, so they picked up nothing. They have so many speed cameras in our area and they always seem to be up and running!!

We have a lot of petty crime which I think is something to do with the amount of pubs/bars in our area. In 100 yards near my work there are 5 pubs.....I mean really....2 of which are wetherspoons, and they I see people sitting there drinking from 10am and are still there when I leave work.....how can they afford it :?:

The funny thing is that my oldest son lives in Brixton which has a really bad reputation but he has never had a days trouble! thank goodness, in fact Brixton is very desirable if your a young trendy :drool:

I remember Bromley well, gavclojak, I lived in Brockley 20 years ago, and that was the nearest (decent) cinema... you couldn't really count Catford in on that! :lol: rarely had many problems to speak of when I was there; we went back about 4 years ago and it's a bit gentrified now :roll: so is Brixton, where I lived as a student.

Shortlands is now known as "shortlands village" Bromley North Is currently undergoing regeneration and is now known as "Bromley North village" and Bromley South is having a new leisure/shopping centre built, guess what that's called:) "Bromley South village" can you see a theme developing here?

Shortlands is now known as "shortlands village" Bromley North Is currently undergoing regeneration and is now known as "Bromley North village" and Bromley South is having a new leisure/shopping centre built, guess what that's called:) "Bromley South village" can you see a theme developing here?

That is interesting :lol::lol:

Must go back one day and see if I recognise anything.

Chrissie

Edited by Guest

Fred is right. What goes on behind the scenes in those leafy

London suburbs is far from peaceful. Quite a seething mass of unpleasantness in fact. Still - think I'll stay put.

ANH, where I live in NW London the accent is a bit weird. Some people make two syllables where there should only be one. The pub becomes the pu-ub, the second syllable is lower so it sounds quite whiny. A whole sentence spoken like that takes forever and I think for goodness sake get to the point.

Oh good grief... A few friends went on a dog walk on Saturday, and a bloke I sort of bump into on walks asked to join us (I don't really know him) but he had no idea where the start of this walk was, so we swapped mobile numbers so that we could arrange for him to follow me over there.

I now have his wife texting me every 5 minutes asking if I am having an affair with her husband :shock::roll: he's a nice enough bloke, but I hardly know him and she's being really out of order.

Oh dear! I imagine he's going to be a bit embarrassed when he sees you next time. Hope she sees sense soon.

So, A Levels have finally started today. General studies today, so not hugely important in the big scheme of things. But then, it depends of your daughter has decided she wants straights As in all of them :roll: Going to be a looong month. DS does his first GCSE on Wednesday, maths, but he only has two exams as he is in yr 10.

:lol:

Oh dear, someone's missus doesn't trust him!!!!

Not funny really I guess - can you block her number?

I guess not, but he's not exactly a prize if you get my drift - he's a small, old bloke. Nice and a trustworthy sort.

She's obviously been through his phone, but should have seen the text with the names of others on the walk.