Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

have been diagnosed with mild shingles and am on anti virals - 5 a day - good luck with those me thinks - if I have antibiotics I forget them :shameonu: Feel very "coldey" but took yesterday off and they said I can do a half day at work tommorrow if I feel up to it. The rash is under my clothes so no risk to patients. I hate taking time off especially as the partner in the Gp practice was really nice on the phone. We have had a bad time with sickness amongst the nursing staff recently. Frankly have had enough daytime TV to last a lifetime. :lol:

I sympathise and hope you're better soon. I had shingles last summer, but felt ok, just washed out. I caught it really early & the antivirals seemed to do the trick. My GP said I could go to work, but occy health said I had to stay at home :? . I do work in a unit with immuno-compromised patients, though not patient facing myself. Anyway I didn't argue and enjoyed a few days off in the sunshine :) , sat in the garden and received visitors. Not so nice at the moment though unfortunately.

I'm hardly ever ill/off work (the last time was when I didn't "mind the gap" getting on the train some years back - ouch!), but after shingles I had three really bad colds in quick succession which were much worse than shingles, so make sure you take care of yourself as your immune system will be low.

Thanks guys - got thro morning although I felt spaced out probably anti virals. The sore throat is the worst thing. Went to bed after work and must have slept as woke up to find a cat asleep on my shoulder :shock: lovely and warm i was too. :lol: sadly sitting in the garden isnt on - its awash. i feel sorry for the hens - they have been neglected and the run is probably like everyone elses - muddy mess. Oh well lie in tommorrow

My DS got an offer of 3 As from St Andrews university today. Some of you will know that his American girlfriend also has an offer from there. He is going up for an open day in March, we are very proud but do have mixed feelings about them both going to the same uni, it could be very awkward should they break up.

He is going to Minnesota to see her at the weekend and is staying for 4 days, it will be a good test of their relationship, so we shall see what the future holds. :anxious:

My microwave caught fire!

:shock: Oh no, did you manage to put it out quickly?

I ended up being an animal ambulance yesterday; two of the dogs at work got into a fight, and one was badly injured. I dressed it to help stem the bleeding, then drove the dog and one of the guys to our farm vet. Poor dog had stitches to his upper eyelid and neck. :(

My microwave caught fire!

My micro wave caught fire once when OH thought it would be a good idea to warm up some baby oil for a back rub (had bad back at the time) he put the oil in the microwave leaning on a tea towell.....I was upstairs anticipating a nice relaxing massage but ended up with smoke alarms going off left right and centre :evil:

Turn off the power and keep the door closed, a microwave is designed to contain and stifle a small fire.

Took it back to Argos (found the receipt!), the woman on customer services said it was over a year old and past it's guarantee. My reply of "that's irreverent because the sales of goods act 1979 says it must be fit for purpose for a reasonable amount of time, which is 6 years as described by the limitation act" was met with the response of do you want a refund or replacement? :lol:

Gosh parents are a worry! Just got back from the GP with my mum. Turns out she had a fall at the weekend and banged her head quite hard. Thankfully on mud, but still cracked it one. Seems she has been having headaches, feeling dizzy and vision all weird since then. When I spoke to her she sounded drunk. Thankfully GP could see her within 2 hours and she has been given the all clear but with orders to rest and phone if things get any worse. She is almost 65, but didn't want to bother anyone! Told her off about that. Hopefully she will continue to get better.

Sounds like a spot of concussion - nasty :?

Isn't it funny how one's dogs can ignore you when you need their attention, yet you just have to be making a cold chicken sandwich in the kitchen and they both come thundering in to see what's going on :roll: I now have their undivided attention, and RSPCA eyes whilst I eat it... I wouldn't mind but they never get human food, or fed from plates.

Hey :D

I've not posted on here for ages! Still got the office job, we're still on temporary contracts so won't know til next week if we have jobs in March but at least I've had money for 6 months work!

I've just got a new car too - 3 year old Peugeot 207 and its only done 6,000 miles!! :mrgreen:

Love it :lol:

Went to Northampton to see Em (from here)'s baby last night and going to Reading Bantam show this weekend so already clocking up the miles :lol:

Really want to go back to Uni farm for Lambing but at the mo they've only got funding for current students so still waiting to hear if we can go back.