Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

-1deg and clear this morning, luckily I put the frost screen on the car last night :)

Let's hope that my office is warmer today - didn't get above 16deg yesterday, and that was with both heaters on :roll: I sat looking daggers at anyone who stood in the doorway, holding the door open :evil:

Gorgeous day, warm and sunny. Sort of did gardening but the ground is very, very wet so I ended up thinning out the candy floss stuff in the pond.

It's a bit cloudier now but the cloud is in lines like those packets of pleated cotton wool. I don't know what that type of cloud is called but it is beautiful.

:shock: Lots of Henley is quite high up isn't it, how strange :?:

After the worst winter that locals can remember - we've had 150% of average rainfall, not as bad as the UK which I believe is over 200% in parts, but still pretty depressing - today has been sunny and bright and the temps reached 20 degrees this afternoon.

We are set fair for 10 days or so, I sincerely hope this warmer weather IS on its way to you guys :D

Ridiculous - tell them to come and have a look and you'll give them egg on toast while they survey the valley below and see you are no where near flooding unless it was one huge tidal wave in which case "Ooops, word censored!"ody will be claiming as we'll all be washed away! My friend lives in Tunbridge Wells. She lives at the top of the most steepest hill you'd ever not want to climb up - brings a new meaning to the mile high club! Yet she has also had trouble getting insurance because she is on a flood plain! :roll:

Well it's breezy here, a bit cloudy but we have had sun. And at least it's dry. Fine enough for Mostin to have a new orpie cuddle in my garden. Twice! :lol: And a Skye cuddle - who then wanted to do her parrot impersonation.

Ooh almost forgot. The cotton wool clouds are cumulus.

Yesterday was horribly wet which we were not expecting :notalk: . Hubby has taken today off to lay some pathways in the chicken garden (the forecast said dry when he booked the time off).

Doesn't take much rain for the garden to turn back to slushy mud again :wall:

I hope hubby managed to get most of the paths done today as it will make a huge difference to the appearance f the garden.

Very dark here this morning and an undecided feel to the air.