Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Friday, yukky and wet, Saturday nice and today better still. Went to Romsey for a walk. Which twerp forgot about the river then! So we left Mim in the car reading her book while we went for a walk only to find the paths blocked off. The memorial park was completely under water - the river flows pretty fast even in the summer so it was amazing to see the fields we normally wander around submerged.

Sky looks quite threatening so rain to come, I m working until 2pm so it will not affect me. The ground had started drying out so no puddles today, ah well no doubt it will be a return to puddles this afternoon *checks bank account for suitable funds to escape to somewhere warm with the flock*

Think we are in for a good frost overnight though as it was proper chapel hat pegs out there when I tucked the chicken in.

:D Never heard this one before, could you explain please? :D

I'm sure this is no consolation at all, but the weather has been pretty rough here in Portugal as well, with structural damage on the coast, but nothing as bad as the South Coast and Wales. We had our mega storm the weekend before the UK did, losing power for hours on end and the phone/internet for a week. We are also fed up with the incessant rain, although yesterday was glorious and it was lovely and warm in the sun. Today however has reverted to grey cold, and we are virtually sitting on the woodburner, in 4 layers, trying to keep warm. I keep thinking about how bad it would be trekking up our garden in the UK which was always muddy and soggy in a regular winter. My thoughts are with you all :(

Mixed bag today, a little sun (rare) a few blue strips of sky, lots of clouds of varying shapes, a little rain so we don't forget it. This morning it was pretty - like a quilted cloud cover with light in the "seams". Then it rained and didn't last long. But whatever it is better than the torrential rubbish we keep getting.

Not too bad here today, the mud is finally starting to dry out a little, if we could just get 3 dry days together it would make a huge difference to the mud.

Hmmm currently dry but tastes like rain is imminent.

Hopefully it will just be a shower as my puddles have almost all gone now and I don't want them filling up again thank you very much.

Same grotty drizzley day yesterday, got heavier at night. Certainly heavy overnight. Still wet this morning. Dark and miserable. :boohoo:

Tastes like rain - I know exactly what you mean as I say smells like rain is on it's way when we are out and about. You just know it's suddenly got a different flavour to the air!