Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Raining here too, just a wee bit though, and the wind isn't too bad yet.

Soapdragon, your comment about canoeing reminds me of the bad floods we had just after Rosie was born - the Ex used to be a white water instructor and went down to practise in a car park near the Cherwell as the conditions were perfect. :lol:

Thunder, lightning and hale this am, the temperature dropped from 8 degrees to 4.5 in just a few minutes. Brrr. Now wind, thought not too bad at the moment. Chickens back in their run though, they go a bit bonkers in the wind! They think they are those dinosaurs with wings!

Went to Weston Super Mare today (great day for a beach side walk eh!) . Very cold & very strong winds. Had to buy a child's wooly hat with ear flaps from a charity shop to wedge onto my head as mine kept blowing away.

Here its wet & windy but not too bad at the moment.

I noticed that the wind picked up to it's worst whenever the rain appeared - seemed to calm down when it cleared. But wet and windy night - judging from the puddles. Not seen rain yet but it is extremely windy. Some lighter moments when the sun manages to sneak a peek through.

It has not been a bad day here, mostly dry and bright but the strong wind was very chilly. The rain kept threatening but didn't really amount to anything though.

The garden is just dreadful though, sliding around in the mud everywhere