Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

I echo that Sunday am was the best weather..... I set my alarm for 7.15 to muck out then hens as I knew the weather was due to turn about 10ish :anxious::oops:

Got absolutely soaked earlier, my coat was still dripping an hour later and I was drenched. Then it cleared for a bit.

Now it's hammering down, blowing a gale and freezing cold :roll:

This weather can do one now, I've had enough :evil:

Chucking it down solidly for ages now. Very irritating and I'm not sure whether it's my nose with the lurgy or I am indeed starting to quack! The chooks are getting trench foot! Well not really - they like staying in their run at the moment - the greenhouse is leaking!

Awful night here... howling gales and torrential rain. We heard an almighty crash in the night and woke to find one large slate off the roof and plenty more loose. Our fence has been ripped down too. There's been no let up in the weather but thankfully we've not been flooded this time. We've got of very lightly compared to the poor souls on the coast.

Just longing for a calm period so that it will be safe enough for the builder to tackle the roof and hoping that no more slates will come off in the meantime :pray:

The weather has dealt us a cruel blow. :cry:

I play bass in a Pink Floyd tribute band, our guitarist is a health and safety exec for the railways.

Today the Dawlish Railway line pretty much collapsed.

Gig we had scheduled, now cancelled as he needs to be in Devon, not South Wales.

Gutted :(

Just had a knock on the door tonight, The people that our sort of neighbors (they are a field and a road away)

Have accidentally let a 8 week old kitten escape at about 6 pm tonight in this wild, cold wet night and their

house is in the middle of nowhere, We are surrounded by boggy fields and a fast running streams . :(

I couldn't go and help at the time so i hope they find it.