Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

We have just had the storm too. It was very windy, hailing and wet, the thunder and lightening was very close, I was at the farm shop and it was quite scary, the temperature dropped from 8 to 3 degrees in a matter of minutes.

It has taken some of the roof off of the WIR :( so the girls now have a big hole. We will have to sort that out tomorrow.

Chrissie

We had the storm here right on top of West Brom town centre. I think I saw the bolt of lighting come down that hit the Catholic Church on the High Street as I left the allotment which is just to the South of the Town Centre. it was an impressive lighting storm a couple of horizontal bolts that travelled the length of the cloud front a few minor vertical ones then a really bright one the type that makes you think it's hit something. the hail was like a snow storm

Started dull this morning but we went for a walk anyway and the sun came out and was lovely. Got home, cleaned the girls out and then made a cuppa. It clouded up the back with very dark sky but still sunny at the front. Wind picked up and then it got dark. Rained a bit but the wind was pretty powerful!!! Then the rain came back really heavy. Then blew away almost as fast as it got here. Wind dropped back down and the evening has been really clear. Went out and it is 5 degrees at the moment and we have seen more branches down all over the place. Guess the temperature will drop even more as it's clear.

Heavy rain and gales until noon then it cleared for a while and the made a brief appearance, just been out to see the girls and now it is chucking it down again.

We have just put a tarp over the gate of the WIR because the rain had blown in and turned the food in the hanging feeder to mush. :roll: