Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Yup same here - out and clean chickens day. We had a lovely day yesterday, clouded over in the middle and then cleared again. But today it's lovely. A little hazy now but still mild and pleasant. And about time too. At least it didn't squelch quite so much down the end of the garden.

Dry day here but the wind would strip the skin from your bones it was so cold, much better than all the recent rain though.

I had a good potter in the garden after work, I was wearing so many layers of clothing I could barely bend over though.

Sunshine and showers here...rain forecast later as I am on placard duty at school! I should explain that we have a manhole cover on the road outside and about 20 feet up from school which discharges 'foul' water when the water table rises :vom: . As a Govenor, I have been on the case for 5 years with limited success from Thames Water.

With the water as high as it is the 'foul' stuff is pouring out and so parents have a rota and take it in turns to stand near the car parking side road with a placard reading 'Sewage, beware school children' in order to slow the cars down as they career down the hill towards the school at far more than the 30 mph limit :twisted: . Otherwise everyone gets sprayed with this germ infested water as they make their way down the main road into school (there is no car parking on site and only one way into school!)

We got as far as having the manhole cover screwed down last year and this has helped but the recent weather has put us back to the beginning again. My latest attempts to solve the problem involve Highways and boarding along the railings in front of the school and discharging manhole in order to stop the water spraying up but its clear that this will TAKE TIME :wall: . Even Environmental Health are not keen to get involved in spite of a number of cases of D & V in school :roll::twisted:

Rant over- sorry folks! Off to get soaked and hooted at by :whistle::whistle::whistle: drivers! (I swear they speed up...and, no, the police don't want to know either! They keep promising us a PCSO for traffic duty but they never appear! :wall: )