Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Big fir tree fallen down across my road :shock::shock: and lots of others toppled and laying on others stopping them falling. Road closed now a 3 mile trek to the main road until it can get moved and trees made safe :evil: Very wet and windy.

Never had any trees fallen before here..... :?:?

A very large branch flew into my car on the way back from a dog walk with DM, there was a loud

thud against the car but no damage :shock:. I got home and found the drainage men checking our drains

and warning us of overflow which may go towards our house.

I have had to bring my old chicken indoors as she is 5 and struggling with the cold, She is tucked up in a warm

room with some warm mash. poor old girl.

It never rains but it pours.

Edited by Guest

Sorry to hear that LBB, hope you don't get any floods - can you sandbag across the driveway?

That walk was something - torrential rain and gales - we were soaked, then the sun came out at the end!

The roads around here are very bad, with floods in some areas. I can hear the wind bashing and howling out there now, but it must be blowing along the terrace as it's not as bad as it might be.

The sister of a friend of mine runs a hotel on the front in Blackpool and she is due to give birth in less than a week. The hotel is falling apart around their ears and they can't get out of the front and at the back there are gates and roof tiles flying around. Sounds terrible :(

I hope that everyone stays safe overnight without major damage. :pray:

The wind was horrendous here last night, I have never seen (can you see wind?) winds that high ever.

Too dark to see the damage so will go out for an inspection later, there must be some damage in this area.

Good luck everyone

Wild Wednesday certainly lived up to its name here. No real damage to our place that I could see in the dark when I left this morning, but the wind definitely wuthered in the heights.

Left work early and got home just about in daylight, but my car was being buffeted across the motorway lanes and some of the lorries were really struggling. On the up-side, everyone was driving a lot more sensibly than usual - even me! Wind really got up after dark and even my deaf dad could hear it screaming outside :shock: . Lots of branches and bins in the road this morning, but cubes where I left them and chooks still talking to me when I opened their doors (much too dark for them to be coming out)

Hope everyone else is ok too :pray:

No damage to our gardens at all, I am amazed. I really thought the WIR roof would finally give up the ghost last night but it is fine plus no rain in the run.

Te devil looks after his own I guess :lol:

It wasn't nice yesterday and then it brightened up only to come back when OH was on his way home from work. He said it was a horrible journey. But it did ease off - windy but not too bad. It was nice to get up and see the ground was all drying and only a teeny puddle in the road. It was murky and we did have a few drops of rain but the sky is quite blue and the clouds are going away - sun not appeared above just yet, but they are on the horizon so it shouldn't be too long now.

MIL is now 6 inches away from the water in her house - it has lapped over her steps! No more sandbags - but they said that the council have been really good by going round to try and help right from the start and keep coming to check that they are OK. So that is Staines. Different council in Wraysbury I think.

no flooding so far :D . i must pop out and collect the fallen branches for the woodburner, lots about.

There are trees down along Clark's Lane in Farthinghoe, but you will need to let them season for a year as they were alive.

Quite a few trees down hereabouts, my place is fine, but trees down on the estate at work.

Massive accident on the M40 this morning, so it's closed northbound at Banbury, causing massive tailbacks through the town, and at J10 where they are bringing the traffic off.