Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Feeling very bleary eyed here too. Hardly any sleep- it was SO noisy and my mind was working overtime!

It calmed down a couple of hours ago... the chook's run is still standing thankfully and I'll check out the roof damage when I've had a few cups of tea.

Hope your son's flight hasn't been affected Liz and that it's not too turbulent.

Heavy rain and very dark and windy here. Standing water in the garden (on the side of a hill :shock: ) and the chooks refused to budge from their bed when I opened the (cube green), but that could be more to do with lack of maggots.

Just about to get ready to go out and get said maggots. Remind me again how keeping pets is supposed to be good for you ... :lol:

Went to the farmers market this morning. Roads were dodgy in places, but nothing too bad.

However, I know all the farmers really well as I've been buying from them for several years (well today was a new free range poultry farmer, the last one went out of business which I was devastated about as we were like old friends).

Anyhow, I was speaking to the pig farmer and said what a surprise it was that the lamb farmer wasn't there. Apparently, their fields have been really badly flooded and they have needed to move the sheep into the sheds, and with lambing as well they are having a really hard time keeping the sheep safe, clean and well. So they had made the decision that spending the morning doing tasks with the livestock was more important than selling the meat.

The pig farmer was saying though that his pigs have really enjoyed this bad weather :lol:

It ha been glorious here, one of the best days we have had for a very long time. Wish we could have a month of todays weather

Think we are in for a good frost overnight though as it was proper chapel hat pegs out there when I tucked the chicken in.

Clear here now and cold after a lovely day. Had a super walk in the late afternoon sun, the fields are very boggy though, and even the hills are muddy, making it a bit of a workout. I could clearly see the flooding around Broughton Castle from the top of the hill... like an inland sea! I ought to go over there to see the damage.