Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

The frost here melted around lunchtime, and it clouded over. We've had light snow flurries since 5.30pm, but nothing substantial. I always leave my bedroom window open a crack (on a restrictor) but it doesn't really go below 17deg in there if the heating is on. I took a hot water bottle to bed last night though - more for cosiness than needing the warmth.

I hope it warms up tomorrow as I am outside for a lot of the day :roll:

Edited by Guest

Snowing here on and off since 4.30 as well. Bitterly cold too. I'm snug as a bug but OH has to drive home from his studio at midnight so I'll wait up for him. Yesterdays snow hadn't cleared in places either, there was a patch on the drive and a fair bit of the garden was hanging on to it, looked quite seasonal when the robins flew in but the hens weren't impressed :D

Still frozen here this morning and we've had another load of big snow on my way into work, with more promised. As I work 3/4 hour away from home, Dad's on snow-watch at home and will ring me if it starts to look dodgy there, and I'd hopefully make it back before the hill becomes impassable.

Got plenty of clothing and grippy wellies in the car in case hiking is called for.

We just had sleety heavy rain during the night and it is a balmy 5 degrees here. I am glad because we have to take DS to the airport to go back to St Andrews, looks ok at that end too. I have been worried about him getting back. Once there is is ok equipped with warm clothes and Yak Trax.