patsylabrador

summer clothes

Inspired by Olly, I did something I've never done before. Sorting out a summer wardrobe. I'm an extremely unorganised person normally but I thought I'd give being organised a go.

I've separated my woolly jumpers and my jeans and anything else I know won't wear in the next couple of months from stuff I might wear.

It was quite satisfying and I also found some pretty summer tops I'd forgotten about.

Just as I was heading off to the tip with lots of green waste my ES decided he did need a new dress shirt for a party he was attending that evening. I wasn't getting cleaned up to go to the tip and neither was I driving home to change before shopping. So I found myself asking the nice young man in John Lewis questions about more contemporary dress shirt styles and discussing bow tie vs black tie for teen boy whilst dressed in scruffy dirty jeans, boots, grubby top and dirty hands. I consoled myself that for once I wasn't dressed in my customary black so may have passed for posh & grubby :lol:

I'd never go out without underwear though :shock:

Goodness me some of you must have more time on your hands than me!

As long as someone isnt walking around naked I rarely notice or care what they wear.

Same here Tasha :lol:

I went for lunch with a friend yesterday and when we were sat on the terrace afterwards having a coffee she said to me "What was that woman wearing?" I was all "what woman? What was wrong with her"

Turns out it was an elderly woman, probably late 70's/early 80's in lime green hot pants and a pink strappy top. Me, I didn't notice one bit :anxious:

Now that would be a sight for sore eyes, your companion should have been flattered that you were paying her full attention. :lol:

I am afraid that people watching is a bit of a hobby of ours, we do tend to make comment on people as either we or they pass by. Not in a cruel way, but occasionally in a ' do they not have a mirror or someone to tell them ' way. I know that we shouldn't but it is second nature and I do compliment people if they are wearing something lovely.

I am in no position to judge, my own dress sense is questionable, but if people want to have a little titter as I pass by that's fine with me.

I love people watching and I gather from history books etc that we've all been watching each other for ever. All the satire, comedy, philosophy and survival skills must come from people watching. Authors must do it and I know that the police and army do it. It's fun too, I like it.

We park up in the camper at NT places and I cook a big meal while we knock back a beer, I've seen people pointing and laughing at us, that's ok and then some come to chat and that's nice too.

My shorts are getting less so each passing year, getting closer and closer to my knees.

I'm not very good in hot weather and get quite red and horrid so I've made myself a lovely refreshing, cooling spray.

I bought a smart little amber glass spray bottle and filled it with a mix of mineral water from the fridge, rosewater and a couple of drops of lavender oil. Lovely, but I'd welcome other 'recipes' please.

I actually saw someone going shopping in her PJs. I was quite surprised although she appeared to have put some thought into her carefully tousled hair and artfully smudged make up. I suppose it's just the next silly fashion craze.

OH said he could go out in his nightware but I think he would most likely get arrested.

Over groomed boys, some as young as eight are bothering my mind this summer. For goodness sake, stop looking in the mirror - grab the nearest (uncoordinated) clothes, muss up that ridiculously perfect hairstyle and go out and be a child!

And, girls and boys, you need to be slightly chubby when you're thirteen because it's stored energy and very soon you are going to do a lot of growing, having a flat tummy and calorie counting shouldn't be in your mind at all.

I want to shake their overly groomed parents sometimes too.