sadietoo

Fantastic Customer Service

I was out with dd yesterday afternoon and she wanted to buy some new trousers for work so we found ourselves in M and S. Neither of us are big in the hip department (if only I could say the same thing about my tummy) and we both have quite slim legs so m and s are not usually cut right for us. . So we were about to give up after trying on six pairs that were awful when the lady in charge of the changing room offered to get us an assistant to help. The assistant took one look at Dd in one of the unflattering pairs we had chosen and then went off and came back with three pairs of trousers that looked fabulous on her. So well done Chichester M and S ! :clap: I m just posting this because I didn't even know they offered a service like that and thought you might not either!

I had good service from M&S recently too - my mother's just come out of hospital so I ordered an M&S bouquet online to be delivered to them - appropriate as she used to work in M&S management :wink: it arrived, crushed, empty of water and with sodden and bruised flowers; the delivery driver said that it had fallen over in the back of the van.

Pops rang to say that it had arrived and to thank me, but brought this to my attention. I emailed M&S customer service to tell them how disappointed I was, and they've refunded the full amount, which I hadn't expected. I am going down there this weekend, so will take some more flowers.

Glad you made sure they were recognised. I had appalling service from M&S when I was between eye surgeries and could only see things at a distance. I bought a nightie that apparently should have had 2 items on the hanger but of course I couldn't read that. The checkout lady didn't say anything and I did have to explain I couldn't read or see anything close clearly as I was struggling to find the money in my purse. It didn't fit so I took it back only to have a very nasty customer service person refuse and treat me as if I was trying to cheat them even when I explained I couldn't read anything at the time. Thankfully my vision problems were temporary but it was a horrible insight into how unpleasant and unhelpful shop assistants can be if you're disabled.

Think it really depends on the individual assistant. I have had brilliant service in M&S and awful. One time in Silverburn a very young assistant in the changing rooms was so lovely that I sought out the manager later to mention her name in the hope she got some recognition :) However DD and I were in our local M&S where the changing room assistants were talking over us and being very snippy :(