Lewis

Happy Mother's Day

Thanks lewis, you beat me to it:) was just about to post the same...so all you mums out there, have a lovely day whatever you are doing, I hope your nippers look after you x

I just got a bottle of Jo Malone perfume from my youngest:) just waiting for my daughter to finish a sponsored walk and eldest son on his way over, all my kids together now that's perfection

Edited by Guest

Happy Mother's Day to all the Omlet ladies.

Hope you have a lovely day :D

Awww....thats really sweet of you Lewis, thanks!

My two boys have been lovely; they gave me a bottle of Prosecco, a box of Lindor chocs and a nasty cold but I forgive them for the last one (it was inevitable! :roll: )

Mind you, I still had to clean out Bob the farting hamster on my own this morning! :boohoo:

Hope all Omlet mums have a special day!

Thanks, Lewis :P . I do feel a bit like one of your surrogate mums :lol: .

I have mixed feelings about Mother's Day. I see all these lovely messages on FB and it just brings it home to me what an awful mum I have :( . My despicable brother sent her a bunch of flowers and of course, she thought that was just wonderful (conveniently forgetting that he never calls or visits and all the lying, manipulation and stealing).

Sorry to bring the mood down :oops: . I will see my lovely ES later today so that will cheer me up! Nothing from YS yet though :roll: .

Thank you Lewis you are the adoptive son of the forum mothers :D I would like to thank your mother on our behalf for bringing you up so well :clap:

I have so far had breakfast in bed, cereal with fresh fruit and a decorated Ninja strawberry, long story, in joke from last night :lol: and OH made me a fried egg muffin, which is what he did each morning when YD was a new baby to keep up my strength when I was feeding her :D

ED has sent me a mug with patchwork chickens on it and some fruit teas :D DS has yet to produce anything apart from a couple of likes to my facebook pictures. However, he is coming to visit for a week with his girlfriend on Tuesday, so that will do for me :D

YD and OH are currently out shopping for my tea which will be a stroganoff :drool:

Hope that you all have a lovely day :D

Thank you Lewis you are the adoptive son of the forum mothers :D I would like to thank your mother on our behalf for bringing you up so well :clap:

Nicely put :D - Thank you Lewis!

A mixed day for me too. I always make a flower arrangement and go and lay it for my Mum but I do miss her so much- on this day especially.

I've had a lovely card and a bunch of flowers. Going to take the flowers for Mum and then maybe have a lazy day of loafing around :D

This is the problem with these specific days, it is tough if you have lost your mum or have a difficult relationship. Just like Valentines is hard for single people etc. it is shame that people can't just be routinely nice to each other. My DS is upset that his card didn't get through when he posted it on Thursday first class.

Thanks Lewis :D

I miss my Mum on Mothers day, but feel so happy & grateful for my daughters that it is still always a happy day for me.

My eldest made me the most perfect Eggs Benedict for breakfast, with a freshly laid egg from our hens.

Am seeing my youngest for brunch tomorrow :P

2015-03-15%2011.10.02_zps4nvqdkiv.jpg

Thank you Lewis.

Apart from MS everyone is at work. We however are doing our favourite thing which is cooking a roastie and watching disaster movies. We're most of the way through2012 now. MS bought me doughnuts for my Simpson's game and as a special MD treat has sharpened all my kitchen knives (!!!)

My own mother still doesn't like me very much so that's weird.

There are a couple of presents for me to open in the back room. I happen to know they are a PS3 game and a jigsaw. I know this because I treated myself. There's also something from YS and DD but I don't know what they are.

Thank you Lewis.

I had a lovely day but different.

I tried to make the day special for DD who has 3 young girls and was on her own, so they all stayed here and I helped the girls make her scrambled egg with smoked salmon (using our own eggs :D ) for her breakfast. Then looked after the girls, took one to a party so that DD could have some her time and go to the gym. Then I cooked roast for a late lunch.

Hope all the other Omlet ladies had a nice day too.

Chrissie

That's really nice, I do feel like an adoptive son and of course very lucky to have you all ;)

I'm 2000km away from home so sent a card and rang home to speak to my Mom and Nan yesterday and spend the day enjoying the sunshine down at falconry spending time with our new barn owl.

My brother took Mom to London for the weekend to visit the Florence Nightingale museum and out for dinner which she loved :)

Yep was great! Got my mom a nice bunch of flowers with lillies and peonies on Saturday. (Flowers and motorcycles don't really mix, so I buy them in a shop near her house and just bring them over)

Had a nice lunch, a sunny walk and a yummy dinner.