Alis girls

Peter Kays car share

Anyone watching second series. Watched episode 2on I player last night. Hilarious . Elsie who is played by actor from Game of thrones is hilarious. I have met many an Elsie in my job slave to their hormones and drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney.

I'm afraid Peter Kay is one of the holy trinity of unfunny comedians (to me): him, Ricky Gervais, and Steve Coogan. They make me want to smash my face in with a hammer! :lol:

That being said, I know a lot of people can't stand the comedians I like.

We Love Car Share here! Only watched the first one of series 2, so no spoilers please :wink: I do find PK funny, but only in small doses, and I have seen him in interviews where he is, well, just doesn't come across as not that nice. I can't wait for episode 2, and although I am waiting for next week to watch it, I am rather tempted to watch it tonight!

I'm OK with it, but I can easily miss the programme at the same time. OH loves it. He howls and calls me to watch something (the monkey) but while amusing, didn't really do the same for me as it did for him. Now Elsie was something else. I knew the face was familiar but being blue threw me! Did enjoy that episode.

Cuckoo is another of his favourite shows at the moment - can't bear that one at all!

I'm with you Andyroo. So glad to find I'm not the only one, phew. I dislike the other two you mention far far more though, particularly coogan. I get the impression he's not very nice either. Unfortunately DH has just found his series on some odd channel and series linked it, so now every spare moment he has I can hear that horrible man infecting my house.

I have to admit to never having seen this programme or Peter Kaye. However, I don't find Harry Hill, Jimmy Carr (that horrible smirk - eugh!) Alan Carr, The Irish chap whose name escapes me for the mo (Morton/Norton? :oops: ) Jo Brand amusing in the least. There is being crude, rude and lewd and expecting a laugh (not necessarilly applying that to all the aforementioned but seems pretty rampant in today's 'comedy scene) and being genuinely funny and clever.

Jack Dee, Ross "Ooops, word censored!"le, and Somebody Mitchell (clearly having a REALLY hard of thinking day :wall: ) are clever funny - I love QI (tho find Stephen Fry a tad irritating - Sandi Toksvig not much better!!!)) as it is mostly genuinely witty, clever and sidesplittingly funny although that, too, has its crude moments.

Victoria Wood was brilliant as she observed life so beautifully and I felt that I 'knew' many of her characters or at least recognised people that I had come across.

IMHO Steve Coogan used to be very funny but seems to have got a bit bumptious since he 'went global'; I think that Rob Brydon is very funny - he told a joke about Spiderman not being able to get out of the bath which had me in stitches (more the concept really, esp as I had spent 10 mins that morning trying to clean the bath and remove a HUGE spider!)

Humour is so individual, isn't it? Good job we are all different :wink:

Well, what can I say - I AM CONVERTED!!!

Thanks to this thread I overcame my dislike of Peter Kaye & have discovered one of the funniest shows I think I have ever seen.

Having been a Supermarket worker in a former life, that part of it rings true for me too.

Absolutely brill!

AndyRoo - give it a go!!!