Cinnamon

Colouring for adults

Is anyone else into this at the moment?

A few of my Facebook friends & I have been swapping tips, hints & pictures of our finished work.

We all find it great fun, really relaxing & a good way to de stress :D

I love the detail in the Johanna Basford books, but have been disappointed in some others I have bought which have rubbish quality paper & blurry lines.

My mum bought an "art therapy anti-stress" colouring book from her last yoga weekend, and we've been colouring it in together. It's great fun.

This weekend we're going to buy some fine liner pens 'cause I think they'll be great for all the patterns in this lovely book.

I'm looking at getting a more portable sized book to take out and about with me actually, so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears!

I'm really tempted, but my 'downtime' is usually spent sewing, knitting or crocheting and I can see colouring-in could be addictive!

A friend is just recovering from brain surgery, and she's been given some colouring-in books because apparently it's good for her to do something that puts her in a 'flow' state, i.e. she is focused on the colouring in and releasing her subconscious thought process. I find knitting does this for me.

I'm looking at getting a more portable sized book to take out and about with me actually, so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears!

Johanna Basford has little books of postcards for colouring in, which would be ideal I would think :D .

I'm one of the "Facebook friends" :D . I got 2 Johanna Basford books and lots of pens and pencils for my birthday recently and am really enjoying it!

I'm into this too ... very therapeutic way to spend FAR TOO MUCH TIME!!!

If you subscribe to the Hobbycraft email newsletter, there have been a couple of free downloads from those - an owl and a butterfly so far - I think they are Basford ones too = so worth signing up!

Like the sound of the postcard sized pics ... pootles off to look at Amazon ... :whistle::anxious::wink:

Finished my first double page picture :D . I probably only spend a few minutes each day doing it but because I have it set up permanently, it's easy to just do a bit whenever I have a couple of minutes or just want a break from something else. I just colour randomly with no grand plan so it's not exactly a work of art but it's very satisfying!

Helpful comment from OH - "I've never seen a bird like that". :roll:

20945855255_678185b1d5_z.jpg

Talk of glitter gel pens reminded me that I've bought the kids various pens and colouring things over the years and they don't seem to get much use. A quick trawl of the recesses of toy boxes and drawers has netted me a fine haul of crayola glitter pens and decent felt tips 8) Not going to waste them on the kids anymore, they are MINE ALL MINE! :twisted:

I love to nose around the stationary department in German stores. They have things we in Holland can only dream of! So much choice. For example: a whole rack with things for left handed people! Left handed pencil charpners, left handed rulers, left handed college blocks and a lot more!