Cinnamon

Colouring for adults

*puts hand up*

I am a stationary addict.

I agree Cats tails, the choice in Germany is staggering. Scandinavia is good too. They have whole shops dedicated to paper and stationary. *dangerous*

Still looking for these illusive colouring books. I'm sure I have a few (hundred) colouring pencils somewhere.

I too am a stationery addict :oops::oops: Love "Back to School" time when the shops are full of treasures!!

Does anyone have any favorite colouring pens (rather than pencils?) I'm using Stabilo and Staedtler Fineliner types at the moment, but am eyeing up Faber Castell Pitt Pens and Spectrum Noir - anyone got any tips!?

To be honest I think I just want and excuse to buy a lovely new pack of colouring pens or pencils!

And a new pencil case to put them in :lol:

I treated myself to a Millie Marrota's Animal Kingdom - of course it has a cockerel in it - just before the Summer Holidays.

I love colouring and it's nice to just do a bit here and there. As children, we always got a new colouring book and a set of pens for Christmas, but I always hated the children who would push the nib in of said new pens at school later.

WHSmith had an offer last week that if you bought a colouring book you got a set of pens or pencils to go with it for half price.

Lovely picture ANH and I thought your bird looked very pretty.

Had another mooch around WHSmith again yesterday. Picked up a lovely book - Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford. All trees, leaves, real and fairytale critters, with a lovely big fold out dragon at the end. It's really pretty! Plus an Art Nouveau book and some Staedtler pens with a slightly wider tip. Had a look at the posh colouring pens but baulked at £2.49 each. Will stick to kids felt tips for now!

Spectrum Noir pens - avoid like the plague! :x

Tried them on a blank piece of paper - very nice, able to blend colours to a degree.

Tried them in my book - they 'bled' outside the lines and went through to the back of the page. Not a good idea to try them in my lovely Johanna Basford book! :roll:

:lol: Thats a good idea! I was more annoyed that they bled outside the lines though! And I've looked at them again in better light and the colours are very faded, almost watercolour like. They are obviously for a very different use and on a different kind of paper. Never mind, at least i can stop lusting after them now. :lol:

Ain't "Ooops, word censored!"ody Here I think your colour page is just beautiful - like a really lovely stained glass window. I read an article recently that had some very detailed colour in templates but then went on to say it was 'about as creative as watching paint dry'. After seeing yours I'd certainly disagree. I think it is very creative and now know another reason why I'm longing to retire :D

If you look on Johannas Facebook page or website, there is a lot of talk about a spray you can prep her books with that stops bleed through with some of the more inky pens.

It also says which pens bleed & which don't - I believe her new book is going to have slightly different paper to help this.

But as I said, it doesn't really bother me anyhow. as there are always pictures you don't like.

I am now doing this picture too, having been inspired by your gorgeous finished article & am loving using Sharpies again, as they are so instant!

This a thread that I have read but, so far, not contributed to as its not actually my sort of 'thing' - each to their own :clap: I put that down to the Asperger's......no patience!

However, I saw some of these books in the local garden centre and then got a Book People catalogue in the post and they are tons cheaper in the catalogue! Whilst still not convinced its for me I can think of several people that I know who would probably like it and so will be placing a Book People order for Christmas pressies - including some of these books - very soon!

OH got me the animal kingdom book and a set of 20 stabilo pens for my birthday :D

Yay, happy birthday mullethunter :D

Another one to keep an eye out for is 'Blossoms and butterflies - colour your world' by Jane Heyes, full of lots of lovely pictures and a surprising amount of chicken pages :D

I love the Johnna Basford books. I've got Enchanted Forest of hers which is lovely & I'm waiting on the Ocean one. I've done a Mandala on a sort of canvas bought for £1.99 from The Range. But my current colouring is Animorphia bought from The Works. I just love it. I use pencil crayons, as I like to shade & blend, but my mum uses gel pens & they look really good on her henna designs colouring in.

Emma.x