Christian

The Weather Thread #9

2 minutes ago, GrannyTrish said:

I'm jealous. I've never seen one in this country.

We had Adders where I used to live in Devon, this is a western whip snake, totally harmless and if it does bite it is a bit like a bee sting. We do have vipers here in France but not seen one yet.

Apart from squashed ones in the New Forest, I've only ever seen one huge bod about 2 years ago.  I have never seen an adder - even though there was one baby at Corfe Castle years ago when the children were small - they all saw it and I have no idea why I didn't!  Must have glanced and not seen what people were looking at (probably more focused on climbing up the blooming hill!).  Seen lots of slow worms though - the first one was as a child in our garden and my mum had fifty fits because I touched it and it may have killed me.:roll:  Dad took it to work and released it on a common.  She did the same thing on holiday in Cornwall - and this time I picked it up.  She went berserk!  I did it on purpose!:lol::twisted:

Still raining here.  I may have to start building an ark.

Apart from getting soaked this morning, it's been quite nice this afternoon, milder too.

We get slow worms in the compost heap most years, they seem to nest in there. Just don't get on the wrong end of grass snakes though; if they are threatened, they exude 'milk' which smells foul. One of those smells that you can't get rid of.

1 hour ago, mullethunter said:

Was going to moan about it being cold but having seen GrannyTrish’s posts I won’t!

:lol:

Not cold here but a tiny sunny interlude after a wet night.  Then rain all day - yet again!  A little more sunshine this evening but there are rivers of run off water everywhere!

OH says it's supposed to reach the low 20s.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Although it did seem to try and stay dry today.  Looks damp outside now, but we had murky mist earlier and only lifted briefly.  At least it isn't lashing at the windows now.  Really cheesed off with this horrid stuff.