gavclojak

What would be your last meal be?

Probably either Lamb Chops with ratatouille & mint sauce or Scampi & Chips if I was feeling fishy. Must be pub style scampi though....none of this supermarket posh stuff.

I don't like many desserts as I haven't got much of a sweet tooth, but maybe an Eton mess with raspberries.

Hmmm...some sort of mushroom and garlic stuffed chicken breast/leg with Dauph potatoes WITH cheese on top as its my last meal and I don't care about the IBS, brocolli, vichy carrots and a cream sauce followed by either Black Forest gateaux or one of those cakes which have sponge either side with a layer of mousse in the middle :drool:

Peter Beardsley apparently said his would be chicken soup followed by roast chicken! We used to play this when I was a child and my favourite then was tinned tomato soup followed by a baked potato. Now it would be roast chicken, no gravy, baked potato with plenty of butter, and a green vegetable, followed by something like an apricot or raspberry mousse. And a large glass of white wine. I don't seem to have progressed much, it's home cooking based on strong memories, my grandmother turned out her own chooks roasted on a regular basis, and my Mum used to make a delicious apricot mousse which I last tasted 13 years ago, I must get her to make it again :lol:

I would have hot buttery toast with mashed avocado spread over it. I'd top it with a poached egg with loads of lime black pepper. I'd have some roasted tomatoes on the side too with loads of garlicy juices.

For pudding, I'd have lemon tart made with shortbread pastry and some summer fruits.

After dinner chocs, naturally, and lots of wine :D

Yum. I'm starving!!

A really hard one!

I'd start with a seafood platter, oysters, lobster, prawns.

Then a Tom Yum soup

Main course is the toughest. I love my mum's spaghetti bolognese but I also love a good rare steak with a blue cheese sauce and a fish pie. I'm going to go with Mum's bolognese.

Not really a pudding person so would go with a cheeseboard.