Luvachicken

Poorly Chloe

Well, we had one in our bigger broody cage that used to be our Daisy's dog cage in the car, but that cage is too big for the lounge, so she is in a smaller one that we didn't get round to doing a perch for.

I just asked hubby if he had anything suitable and he said " does it have to be done now " :roll:

And I'm thinking, well yes, but I guess tomorrow will be OK.

Is Sharon any better today?

Oooer, you mean Chloe :D

A little bit better I think - she certainly doesn't sound so snotty today.

We've managed to use a spare set of rungs from the smaller Omlet house that I have. They are a good fit.

Really hoping the sun comes out again tomorrow so she can have another half an hour outside especially as I couldn't manage it for her today.

I can't wait to post on here that she is totally better.

Sharon!!! Moment of madness/dementia or typing on iPad and talking at same time :lol:

Don't worry, we all have them.

I have just gone to put the washing up gloves in the cupboard where we keep our bread :lol:

I'm really glad Chloe seems to be getting better. Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

I have had everything crossed for ages now.

She is still here so that has to be a good thing.

Right now she is making up for being left in a dark lounge all afternoon by tucking into her bowl of food, drinking quite a bit of the medicine and has an odd fascination for the grit :?

Funny little thing, she has usually gone to bed by now.

Not much change really :(

Although just now she had a big drink with the Tylan in it and a little nibble of treats.

She hasn't eaten so much today and I'm beginning to think we are fighting a losing battle.

Apparently we can also get Mycoplasma - which I found out from my Dad when he asked what she has.

He then told me that my Mum had it earlier in the year when she stayed in hospital.

My Mum was poorly for a good few weeks so I'm wondering if it's the same for chickens or if I am just prolonging things :(

Feeling quite sad and down about it all :(

Thank you for all your support.

Every morning she surprised me by still being here.

She did perk up quite a bit in the middle of the week especially when she saw I had some wriggly meal worms for her.

She had quite a few portions of those :vom: and then some treats so I was optimistic about seeing her the next morning a bit more up and about.

The next morning though, her other eye was looking watery and she didn't look so well.

I asked hubby to book the vets as they are not open when I leave but as I said, she must have died as I walked home from the school I work at as she was still quite warm.

Poor little thing, I so really wanted her to get better.

I think she just had so much mucous she couldn't shift it and she was still growing her new feathers and I think the moult was so heavy that her body couldn't do both.

Sleep tight little Chloe xx