AndyRoo

Started a fish tank!

7 hours ago, Cat tails said:

Very pretty!

Thank you! :)

3 hours ago, mullethunter said:

That’s lovely. I’d like a cold water marine tank - one of my colleagues has one and it’s brilliant but he only lives about 500m from the sea to collect fresh water and beasties.

Are they neon tetra’s?

Thanks. I've never had a cold water marine tank; however, once our new extension is built, I am going to start a marine tank again (I used to have one before we moved house).

You can't really see all the fish in there at the moment, but I have some: Cardinal tetras, German blue rams, Golden rams, and some Sterbai Corydoras.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeramaSilly said:

Immaculate  Andy - you should see my neighbours' - they don't seem to clean theirs' very often!! :(

Oh, that just depresses me. I love animals so I always feel like you either take care of them or don't have them.

Looks great :)

I have a small tank at uni that I have tetras and Mollies in but when I added ghost Nshrimp they brought something in and killed the fish. Going to start again in September but would like more plants and mosses with just a couple fish and shrimp

On 7/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, Valkyrie said:

Super tank!  I do love the bubbling sound.  I like little fishies too!

Yes me too, I find it very relaxing to just sit, watch and listen. I think therapeutic, Id like the time to have one but know I don't. Its beautiful.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2018 at 10:24 AM, CatieB said:

Yes me too, I find it very relaxing to just sit, watch and listen. I think therapeutic, Id like the time to have one but know I don't. Its beautiful.

Yeah, that's why I like them so much. I've had them ever since I was a kid, and I've always enjoyed watching them. Once our new extension is built, I am putting a 5ft sal*****er tank in.

I've also discussed it with my partner and once I have the money to afford the setup, I am going to try and start breeding some rarer species (which can still be tank bred) as their populations are being hugely depleted. I'm thinking of it as being fun - but also a conservation effort as the more people who breed them for the hobby, the less that get taken out of captivity!

3 hours ago, AndyRoo said:

Yeah, that's why I like them so much. I've had them ever since I was a kid, and I've always enjoyed watching them. Once our new extension is built, I am putting a 5ft sal*****er tank in.

This has me guessing for over an hour now, to what you actually wanted to spell and what on earth was so “bad” about that part of the word!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cat tails said:

This has me guessing for over an hour now, to what you actually wanted to spell and what on earth was so “bad” about that part of the word!

The word is s a l t w a t e r, I'm laughing!

Oh, and the tank looks great! Love watching fishies, love it when they come to the glass to watch you back or just follow your finger!

Edited by Charlottechicken
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Charlottechicken said:

The word is s a l t w a t e r, I'm laughing!

Oh, and the tank looks great! Love watching fishies, love it when they come to the glass to watch you back or just follow your finger!

Oh right!!!

I’m such a   t wat... :roll:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cat tails said:

HAHAHA! I had no idea it had even done that... I literally just typed salt water - but as one word. Oh... just figured it out. Take the last letter of the first word, and the first three letters of the last word. I think the admin may need to add that to a list of exceptions. LOL

OMG - that's hilarious!! I literally just spat my tea out. I'm crying!! xDxDxD

• Haha 2

Hahaha - took me ages to work it out too!  That's not a rude word at all - it's part of a nun's head dress.  My dad told me not to use words I didn't know the meaning of - it was a word I got mixed up between t w i t and p r a t - so not intentional but I liked it and kept using it.  So when confronted and being told off yet again I supplied this terrific piece of information having dived into a dictionary.  It didn't help matters and I still got told off for being a smart bottom (not his exact word - pffffft - he could use naughty words) but at least I did look it up to see if there was a word. I never did know until some ten years later when my younger brother told me the alternative!  It would have helped at the time to know what it was that was so wrong and made my dad so disgusted with me!   My brother is 8 years my junior - and he was 13 when I found out!  :$

But it would be lovely to see rare rescue fishies.  Super!