Did anybody watch this last night? One of my fave series. I bought

the book 'Down on Jimmy's Farm' in an Oxfam shop and it has a

very good section on chickens. I thought the ending of the show

was sooooooo romantic when he sort of proposed to his long

suffering g.friend, and she went all coy. Sometimes though I really

want to slap him when he gets one of his 'ideas' and they are

supposed to be budgeting.

Tessa

Its all part of the 'acting up' for the programme. I read that they are doing well etc. So, apart from enjoying it, I do get a bit fed up with the weekly 'crisises' that anyone with an ounce of common sense could avoid. And the pouting and frowning and sighs and 'worried' faces of his lovely better half on a weekly basis gets a bit predictable.

But yes - it is addictive.

My OH keeps telling me that the BBC won't let the farm close - it's too popular! He reckons they chuck a bit of money in to keep things afloat.

I love it, and them, especially good old Dolly. What a clever chap with the kingfisher last night and, yes, it was so romantic at the end....but you do have to think how much of that was staged for the viewers......still - great viewing regardless!

a 'Jimmy's Farm' wedding - might give Jimmy a few ideas for the farm :wink:

How funny to get married in wellington boots!

:lol:

I love Jimmy and I love the program.

I think he's great, I loved it last week when he was up to eye balls in debt and dealing with the renovation of the barn and he say "here i am building ferret world" !!! :lol::lol:

I really wish him well on the farm, he really loves his animals - I was bawling my eyes out when he was crying at Jacob the ram. :cry:

He's rather dishy also. :D:wink:

At the same time I like the programme but also despise it. He acts as if farming is so simple, when it isn't at all. I should know this as I've heard most of the tales about it from my Mum, her Dad was a farmer and there were times when they had absolutely no money at all and her brother, (who had a scholarship at a private school) even got grants for his school uniform.

As well as that my Mum has a cousin who's husband and son commited suicide due to farming as they were making hardly any money.

I've had insider info and they haven't got married, no time yet with the farm. It was taken out of context apparently so I put my hat away in it's box for when the invite comes :D:lol::lol:

Remember Liz it's all edited, it is a struggle and boy have they. Throughout all this though they let us have a BHWT stall for no fee's. They could sell our space. If you saw the first early prgramme's Jim was with his parents and he had a string of failed attempts at stuff so I think this is about Jim proving to himself that he can see it through and succeed :D

He's fab, just think the title was rather negative...success at Jimmy's next I hope!

BBx :D

It's repeated on Wednesday.

As for things being made up for the telly, anyone remember a total trash programme called "challenge Anneka?"

Every year my old band takes part in the Paul O'Gormans childrens party http://www.leukaemia.org/what-we-do/fund-welfare/current-welfare-projects/388 in Battersea park. Its supported by loads of celebs and companies and you see the same entertainment acts their year after year. One year we were surprised to see Anneka Rice running around with a camera crew as she had organised it in 2 weeks for her programme. BULL DO! Its an annual event with the same people involved every year, we had been booked the previous year and SO HAD EVERYONE ELSE.

I don't believe Jimmy's is in trouble at all, he has the revenue from the BBC, the books etc.

Clare we recorded it - hope it hasn't been taped over. If you don't see the repeat I can send it over to you.

I think it might be the Easter market next week? Or did they show a bit of its last night? (It was late and I had a glass or two of red wine while we were watching the video. :oops: )

Has spoilers

Was the Christmas market the one omlet people met up at? We told Dolly (was cool meeting him) they needed cash back facilities. The cockeral bit was funny.

It's such a pantomime the whole thing. It's painful to watch Jimmy mess it up, and the expensive mistakes they make.

It amuses me that Dolly is making a kingfisher perch (it worked 8) ) or helping with ferret world when the business is about to go bust. How sad was Jacob the sheep :cry: poor little fellow, and you could see Jimmy crying a bit.

I love Michaela, she's the balancing force to reign Jimmy back a bit. I can't believe what he spends money on when they are in financial trouble :lol:

I love Michaela, she's the balancing force to reign Jimmy back a bit. I can't believe what he spends money on when they are in financial trouble :lol:

She has helped a bit but "Ooops, word censored!"ody seems to be able to run the place efficiently :?

I know it is probably the wy the producers want to show it but they don't appear to be able to run the proverbial in a brewery :shock: