And I ordered a classic run with the run extension in late March. (I had been given a second hand Classic but no run so just needed to buy the run.)

It was due in second week in May. When it didn't arrive, I chased and chased. The extension part arrived over a week late (damaged) and the main part has never turned up!

I think it's fair to say they are having production issues and major delivery issues.

I ordered a Go Up on the 21st April with a dispatch date of 16th June...just received an email suggesting that it is now due for dispatch on 17th July. ☹️

Feeling very disheartened. Who is to say it won't be pushed back again?

It’s simply a problem not of their making.   Their customer service is normally first class.   All I can say, is that, apart from the WIR,  ( my pet hate!) you’ll find it worth waiting for an Omlet product.   Alternatively, search for a preloved MK 1 cube- the best coop they ever made in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

I guess that like most other businesses, their supply chain has been disrupted by the side effects of Covid-19. It's a shame for all small companies, and while I can understand your frustration, we all need to show a little understanding at this time.

29070817_localbusinesses.thumb.jpg.bf98c7a26379caa72fb56ff1c1154c5f.jpg

I get what you're saying but omlet are hardly a small business. 

I know it's out of their control but having delivery days pushed out twice doesn't inspire much confidence. 

They are a smaller business than you'd expect - they operate out of a couple of farm buildings in a small village near me and probably employ less than 30 people. All their products used to be made int he UK, but they switched to abroad when the newer models were brought in - and that probably hasn't helped.

1 hour ago, Patricia W said:

As DM says, it’s a small business which has done well through being innovative and through hardwork.  If you can, go visit Omlet HQ.  I always collected my orders in person as I’m relatively local (70m round trip!)

Bear in mind that you have to arrange to do this as they're not really geared up for visitors... or at least weren't when I last went there.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:37 AM, The Dogmother said:

They are a smaller business than you'd expect - they operate out of a couple of farm buildings in a small village near me and probably employ less than 30 people. All their products used to be made int he UK, but they switched to abroad when the newer models were brought in - and that probably hasn't helped.

I agree that they are a small independent business and need our support at this time. 

To be fair, Omlet have been overwhelmed with orders, so are not struggling in the way many businesses are, but obviously still operating under very difficult circumstances. 

However, I am fairly annoyed to learn that they are not made in the UK as I had thought they were. This is obviously part of the reason for the delay!

I can't get on a waiting list for hens until I have the coop, so now looking at August at the earliest I am guessing and I expect to have to go back into work in September 😞

I know, I know...#FirstWorldProblems  I do appreciate how lucky I am to be in the position to be getting hens as pets when many people in this country and the world are struggling to keep their heads above water.

Still a bit cheesed off though! 😉

Much delight as my order arrived to day, hurrah.

Everything arrived apart from the main reason for making the order, the bloody run.

I'm not sure why it didn't arrive as it was down as coming as part of the order.

Has anyone had any similar issues?